For over 30 years, CSL Silicones Inc. (CSL) has earned the right of global recognition as a leader in the development of innovative silicone materials, sciences and engineered application solutions while serving such diverse markets as electric power transmission, electronics, building & construction, chemical processing, transportation, and asset infrastructure. The CSL corporate headquarters research and manufacturing facilities are centrally located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Commercial Project Management, the Client Relations Representative will work directly with our clients and Market Development Managers to understand project requests, gather requirements, define objectives, deliverables and delivery dates. You will be a key point of contact with existing and new customers responsible for account management, relationship building with customers and liaising with internal departments to meet project deadlines.
- Lead the planning and implementation of each project assigned
- Assess clients’ needs, recommend appropriate products and provide quotations to specifications
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Provide input into product design to assist clients in obtaining the best product for the applicable application
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
- Develop proposals and other materials to demonstrate the benefits and advantages of our products
- Develop and maintain technical product knowledge to communicate features to clients and answer questions related to all product lines
- Tactical, daily project-level management to include but not limited to; purchase order entry, account data management, product information and support, credit application forms, responding to sample requests, product enquiries, etc.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements, preparation of tender documents
- Coordination of internal resources to ensure the flawless execution of projects
- Attend daily WIP Production meetings and act as liaison between production and our client
- Preparation of case studies, solicitation of client testimonials and completion of client profiles
- Present reports defining project progress, sales history, problems and solutions
- Prepare updated sales forecasts in collaboration with Market Development Managers within your immediate team
- Ensure all quotes and client profiles are inserted into Pipedrive (CRM)
- Primary contact with existing clients providing ongoing support and troubleshooting any problems related to our products
- Research new potential opportunities to feed Market Development Managers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a sales/customer service role or similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual: English/French is a definite asset
- Ability to provide an exceptional Customer Service experience
- Industry specific knowledge in power, electricity and/or infrastructure
- Proven ability to build strong relationship with internal customers, external customers, distributors, and other stakeholders including international clients
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with ERP systems (ie. ACCPAC/SAP) and CRM systems (ie. Pipedrive)
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Strong ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate data with attention to detail and accuracy
CSL Silicones Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking place in all aspects of the selection process. If you require further, information please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-836-9044 ext. 236.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.