Employee Referral Bonus $1000
Building Science Technologist
At EXP, we’re driven to provide innovative solutions for the world’s built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, that believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results and shares ambitions for each other, our clients and the communities we are part of and serve. To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience, while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Building Science Technologist!
Your work environment at EXP
EXP Services Inc. is currently looking for a Building Science Technologist to join our Building Engineering Team in the Windsor, ON office. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the successful applicant will provide appropriate technical services to Project Managers for those projects to which they have been assigned.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Projects related to assessing the condition of existing building envelopes and recommending solutions for failed building envelopes.
- Assist with Structural, Architectural, and Civil CADD work;
- Specification and report writing, as well as Contract Administration;
- Site Review of building envelope construction and repair work;
- Site review for welding and structural steel erection;
- Calculating quantities for repair and/or replacement costs;
The work may include field testing of structural and building envelope components and systems as well as Reserve Fund Studies and Condition Assessments.
What your experience looks like
- Diploma/degree in a related field of study such as Building Science, Architectural Science or Civil Engineering.
- 2 to 5 years of practical experience in building science work.
- Willing to work at height and using tools to access at elevated building elements.
- Knowledge of building evaluation, design, and construction.
- Proficient and working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word and Excel) and Microsoft Projects.
- BCIN for design of small buildings would be considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license with own vehicle and travel throughout Southwestern Ontario is required.
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com .