Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
Account Managers will produce positive sales growth for a specific geography or vertical market with an average of 40-45 current accounts and average of $2M dollars annually. Use Grainger's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce, to perform all the aspects of business daily. You will report to the District Sales Manager.
Understand customer goals and remain alert and responsive to changing customer needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of market data and access to resources to quickly respond to new developments in the customer's business
- Oversee support of managed inventory tasks to guide greater understanding of the customers, increase contacts within the customer group and increase sales results.
- Understand Grainger's Value Proposition by providing solutions to grow profitable sales
- Develop account penetration strategies to include regular business reviews for essential customers to maximize sales
2+ years of direct outside sales experience (or equivalent inside sales or marketing experience)
- Sales forecasting opportunity management and customer planning
- Travel required to each customer within aligned market at least once per month, or more frequently where needed
- Process discipline, ability to align planning goals with a pipeline development process to grow market revenue
- Ability to utilize sales process to uncover customer objections/concerns, and determine appropriate solutions
- High School diploma or GED (Post Secondary education preferred)
The position may require you to attend at our customers’ sites. Some customers may have alcohol and drug screening policies for on-site contractors and vendors. You may be required to submit to such customer screening procedures as and when requested as a condition of being permitted on such sites.
Rewards and Benefits:
Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet your individual needs. Check out some of the benefits available to you with Grainger (may vary based on hours worked):
Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Paid time off (PTO) and up to 12 company holidays per year (dependent on home province)
- Life insurance coverage, including spousal and dependent life insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program to help team members with physical, emotional, mental, financial and other concerns
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan & Defined Contribution Pension Plan to help you save for your financial future
- Educational & Professional Membership Fee Assistance program
- Employee discounts, team member perks and more!
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly match this job post as you may still be the right candidate for this role or others. We aspire to create a culture where everyone is comfortable being who they are, can learn and grow to realize their full potential, and is recognized and rewarded for their impact.
Pre-employment background checks are required for all external candidates. Internal candidates undergo a background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role or to a director+ position.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. Accommodations are available on request.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Kentville, Nova Scotia, CA (Onsite)