MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class, select service hotels across Canada. MasterBUILT lives and breathes hospitality, developing more ground up hotels than other company in North America. As a Platinum winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, MasterBUILT believes in investing in the development of talented people with a passion for delivering exceptional results and a desire to learn and grow.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is an all-new construction, limited service hotel brand targeting the midscale segment of the market. Part of the Wyndham Hotel Group family of brands, Microtel has won the JD Power & Associates award for top guest satisfaction in its segment 16 of the past 17 years – an unprecedented achievement in any industry – and has consistently been rated #1 in its segment for RevPAR market penetration in the U.S. (based on STR data).
Within Canada, Microtel is the fastest growing new construction brand in the country with over 40 new hotels scheduled to open by 2025. Microtel’s rapid growth is backed by the strength of MasterBUILT® Hotels’ commitment to develop at least 75 Microtel hotels by 2036, making it one of the most dynamic new brands to ever enter the Canadian marketplace.
FOOD SERVICE ATTENDANT
Microtel Inn & Suites Lloydminster, SK
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager or their designate, the Food Service Attendant will be responsible for assisting with meal preparation, food handling and service to lounge guests. They will ensure guest satisfaction, quality assurance standards and guest security and safety. This is a part-time position that requires availability to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Meal Preparation and Food Handling
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim food items
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Portion and wrap food items
- Package take-out food items
- Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Receive, unpack, and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Maintain inventory of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverage in the lounge
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances, and equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of work area, including proper waste disposal
- Take customers' orders
- Serve customers’ tables
- Serve alcohol beverages in accordance to municipal and/or provincial liquor guidelines
- Verify cash float count at beginning of each shift
- Remit all transactions according to payment type
- At end of shift, assist in reconciliation of all transactions with Front Desk department
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service-oriented role
- Previous food service and/or serving experience considered an asset
Mission Critical Competencies
- Ability to demonstrate being a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humour
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
- A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
- A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
- A fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
- Must be of provincial legal age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Must undergo training and obtain certification to serve alcoholic beverages
- May be required to lift boxes at least 30 lbs.
- May be required to perform repetitive tasks
- May be physically demanding, including standing for extended periods
- May be required to work weekend shifts, early mornings or late evenings
Please apply online at https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/careers/573. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) are not supported for this position. Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.