Under the supervision of the Account Manager, the Customer & Agent Support Representative provides customer service, system and administrative support to Winnipeg Transit partner programs and to the Winnipeg Transit agent network and their cashiers. The representative fulfills Smart Card and Transit bus ticket orders for Transit agents, partner organizations and Transit Service Centres.
The Customer & Agent Support Representative will build and maintain positive relationships with clients, promote Transit products, effectively communicate Transit policy, maintain customer accounts, and fill orders in an accurate and timely manner.
Duties involve: proactively establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships with all accounts within their portfolio while confirming Transit’s policies and procedures are being followed, online accounts are maintained and in good standing in accordance with system requirements; assisting program administrators with lost and defective Smart Card replacements; fulfilling Smart Card and Transit bus ticket orders; resolving customer concerns; and providing technical troubleshooting and support for equipment and system issues.
As the Customer & Agent Support Representative you will:
- Provide customer support and system coaching for the Transit partner programs (ex. Eco Pass, U Pass and post-secondary programs).
- Provide customer and system support to the Transit agent network and their cashiers.
- Fulfill Transit bus ticket orders for agents and Transit Service Centres and other organizations
- Fulfill Smart Card orders for agents, Transit Service Centres, partner organizations and other online orders
- Provide system and administrative support for various fare programs and other duties as required
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduate or GED. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a customer service role, preferably with commercial accounts.
- Data entry experience including the ability to pay attention to detail and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to type at 20 wpm with accuracy (testing required).
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to deal with clients and agents in a tactful, diplomatic and professional manner at all times.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to co-ordinate and prioritize work effectively and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work efficiently, exercising sound judgement, under minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in accordance with established workplace policies and procedures.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agents, partner organizations and co-workers in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency with various Transit fare product applications U-fare, E-fare and AFM systems or the ability to obtain same within (3) three months.
- Previous technical support experience would be an asset.
- Technical aptitude or experience trouble shooting computer hardware would be an asset.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualifications in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https:/canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
The successful candidate must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate at their expense.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.