Whitelaw Twining is a highly successful multi-disciplinary firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto providing a full-range of legal expertise. In 2022, we increased the opportunities for our firm and our staff by joining the DWF Group, a global provider of integrated legal and business services.
We are an innovative, passionate team, promoting a professional, supportive and engaging environment to our team members. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. We believe that people work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently seeking a System Administrator to join our Toronto team.
This is a dynamic role, made up of both system administrator and support duties. In the system administrator role, you will work on a variety of projects and routine IT operations, from large software deployments, to monitoring and testing DRP procedures, to security strengthening. In the support role, you will provide IT support for the people working out of the Toronto office, and receive escalations on more complex requests from other IT staff. You will be the first IT team member on the ground in our growing Toronto office, with support from our Vancouver and Calgary Tech personnel.
What you’ll be doing:
Sys Admin Duties
- Perform system administration duties on all IT systems (On Prem and Cloud).
- Complete security administration tasks, such as deploying updates, evaluating vulnerabilities, performing security configurations, access management, and network monitoring.
- Perform network administration, such as setting up, administering and monitoring, internet connections, switches, wireless, and firewalls.
- Perform system maintenance, such as software upgrades, and large software deployments.
- Execute backup and recoveries as required, and act as a technical resource in the disaster recovery process.
- Work as part of the incident security response team, and respond to security incidents as needed.
- Liaise with senior IT staff to research and design IT solutions, develop IT procedures, and create project documentation.
- Develop knowledge on all IT systems through initiative, mentorship from senior IT staff, previous experience etc.
- Anticipate potential problems, and proactively take actions to solve them before they impact users whenever possible.
- Recommend changes to IT processes, procedures, or policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide IT Support as needed for the Toronto office. This includes setting up user accounts, desktop hardware, desktop software, meeting room audio / video equipment and other level 1 tasks for the Toronto office.
- Respond to and complete level 2 support tasks, including complex user and other support queries, with minimal escalations to level 3 support. Work with other IT Staff to ensure all requests are responded to with excellent customer service.
- Perform root cause analysis, diagnose, asses, and find resolutions for a variety of support incidents that deviate from planned or expected IT system behaviour.
- Train staff on the appropriate use of IT systems, ensuring usage meets WT policies and standards.
- Make contributions to the IT team about support trends, areas of improvement, and identifying work that needs to be completed.
- Purchase items for the day to day operation of the Toronto office (monitors, computer peripherals etc).
- Create technical documentation, such as user guides, business requirements, as built documentation, and IT solutions.
- Adhere to defined SLA’s, and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
What you'll bring:
- Diploma or higher in the field of computer science or information technology, and / or Microsoft certifications.
- 7 - 10 years of applicable industry experience.
- Understanding of MS technologies in a hybrid environment. Must be proficient in both On Prem and Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Virtualization, Enterprise backup and recovery, SAN, VoIP phone systems, Endpoint Security Products, Patch Management, MDM, Enterprise Firewalls, Network switches, IP Addressing /Routing, Wireless.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Time management skills, including the ability to organize individual time, work, and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Understanding of the appropriate methods, tools, and applications to complete work tasks.
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Up to date knowledge of technology, trends, and best practices used.
- Valid drivers license, and vehicle would be an asset.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion:
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At Whitelaw Twining and DWF Group, we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
Embrace this opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our firm’s success, submit your resume to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/careers/161