WHO WE ARE
DRMG is a Fun, Family, and entrepreneurial-oriented company where every person in the company supports the overall success of the organization. Your work matters here and we need more people like you who can communicate well, build great relationships, and thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment.
DRMG (Direct Response Media Group) has been helping businesses of all sizes boost sales and brand recognition through Targeted Direct Mail Campaigns for more than 20 years.
We are Canada’s leading Direct Mail company delivering a wide range of neighbourhood mail, including our widely recognized Money Saver brand to over 175 million homes annually. We are also a Canada Post Expert Partner and their largest shared mail customer.
Helping Canadians save, businesses grow, and neighbourhoods thrive!
OUR CORE VALUES
- We Practice Ferocious Customer Service
- We Know How To Have A Good Time
- The Team Is The Heart Of Everything
- We Contribute To Our Communities
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing financial data, developing financial models, and preparing reports to assist in strategic decision-making. You will work closely with internal departments to provide actionable recommendations based on your analysis, as well as providing valuable insights to drive the Company’s growth and profitability.
We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and the ability to interpret financial data and communicate the data clearly to all levels of the organization.
This is a hybrid role, requiring 3 days in-office (Oakville) each week and 2 days working from home.
AS A FINANCIAL ANALYST, YOU WILL MAKE YOUR IMPACT BY:
- Participating in the comprehensive financial analysis to assess the company’s performance, identify trends, and evaluate financial risks and opportunities
- Assisting in analyzing financial statements, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Collaborating with department heads to create annual budgets and forecasts, ensuring alignment with company objectives
- Monitoring and analyzing budget vs. actual performance, providing insights and recommendations to improve financial outcomes
- Preparing and presenting financial reports, dashboards, and presentations to Senior Management and the Executive team
- Clearly communicating financial insights and recommendations to non-finance team members to facilitate informed decision-making
- Posting intercompany invoices and bills, and invoicing related party chargebacks
- Maintaining working papers for prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, and commission advances
- Documenting journal entries for discounts, pick & pack, customer deposits and commission accruals
- Completing various weekly, monthly and year-end sales-related reports, as well as sales budgets based on information provided by Sales Management
- Providing an explanation for all actual sales vs. budget variances
- Collaborating with IT and the Data team to extract data from CRM and automate reporting
- Calculating sales commissions for Sales Representatives and completing monthly commission payments in addition to answering Sales related compensation inquiries
- Maintaining annual sales commissions and bonus grids
- Liaising with the AR department to track project progress and determine commissions payable
- Collaborating with the Billing team to ensure client invoices are correct and requests for adjustments are completed on a timely basis
- Completing other tasks as required, such as completing variance analysis, assisting with year-end reviews, budget planning, and assisting the Finance team when needed
YOU CAN EXCEL AS A FINANCIAL ANALYST IF YOU HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Financial Analyst or in a similar role
- Proficiency in financial modeling and data analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to present to all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of financial software and ERP systems (e.g. Netsuite) is an asset
- The ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to be a part of a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a team that consistently provides a high level of service to clients and internal departments.
- Involvement with a team that demonstrates integrity, respect, and trust as part of our core values which we practice every day - WE TREAT PEOPLE RIGHT!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations and encouraged to bring new innovative ideas to the team. We believe in our employee’s skills and abilities!
- A high level of collaboration with a team that is eager to help you succeed in your role and grow in your career. - THE TEAM IS THE HEART OF EVERYTHING!
- A fun working environment with the opportunity to participate in our cultural activities including seasonal campaigns to give back to our community, ping-pong tournaments, team lunches, and online trivia - WE KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME & WE CONTRIBUTE TO OUR COMMUNITIES!
- Flexibility to work in a hybrid work environment, working 3 days per week in our creative office space (with Eddie & Sophie, our two office dogs!) located in Oakville, and 2 days from home.
- A health care spending account for you and your family, and paid time-off. We want our team to be happy and healthy!
- Gain meaningful work experience working with a passionate Canadian organization that has proudly been serving Canadian businesses for over 18 years - WE PRACTICE FEROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!
DRMG is an equal-opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest in DRMG; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.