Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $29.64 - $29.64 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We currently have an exciting Casual opportunity for a Doctor Preference Card Clerk/Inventory Analyst to join our Operating Room team at Delta Hospital located in Delta, BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Develops, implements and maintains stock control systems and procedures for OR supplies and equipment. Completes requisitions for OR supplies and equipment, contacts suppliers and representatives, conducts inventory audits and establishes and/or revises re-order points. Maintains the OR Preference Card Item Dictionary, as well as Doctors Preference Cards systems and processes. Participates and supports the reprocessing systems used for the operating room in accordance with best practices. Responsibilities:
- Controls OR inventory content and levels of a variety of Operating Room (OR) equipment and supplies by reviewing and analyzing reports such as inventory status and stock usage to ensure appropriate and adequate levels. Determines and establishes revised re-order points for the purpose of ensuring efficient utilization of OR supplies.
- Conducts regular physical checks and compares actual to recorded inventory levels; investigates discrepancies; resolves or refers problems to Care Leader.
- Completes requisitions for OR supplies and equipment. Receives incoming supplies/equipment and places stock in designated areas. Follows up on incomplete orders and damaged goods received by contacting appropriate personnel or source of supply and arranging for corrections or replacement as appropriate. Follows up on back ordered items; notifies and communicates findings to the Manager and Care Leaders accordingly.
- Liaises with external sales representatives to place orders for loaner equipment, trials of instruments, implants and medical surgical supplies as directed. Communicates with Sterile Processing Department, Health Shared Services BC (HSSBC), and other departments on these and like matters.
- In conjunction with the Surgical Team, reviews OR slate validation reports to ensure necessary equipment and supplies are available for surgeries; assists Care Leaders to obtain emergent equipment and supplies for non-scheduled emergent surgeries.
- Assists in the picking of supplies and instruments for surgical cases by providing input into the work instructions for picking and pick lists used to identify case inventory for cases on the operating room slate.
- Rotates stock and reprocesses outdated supplies according to departmental procedures.
- Maintains related documentation, processes and systems in accordance with best practice standards and in compliance with Ministry Reprocessing Audits.
- Participates in Sterile Processing Department's Quality Assurance Program by collecting data and providing input.
- Creates and maintains OR Doctors Preference Cards and Sterile Processing Pick lists.
- Collaborates with Care Leaders and Sterile Processing Department regarding inventory nomenclature and locations; identifies discrepancies and makes recommendations for correction.
- Participates in the maintenance of the Preference Card System and the Meditech Item Dictionary by providing input regarding edits, updates, dictionary building, and integration with other system modules.
- Ensures OR supplies and equipment are labeled and organized and hard copy reference preference cards are maintained and up to date.
- Maintains supplies and equipment catalogues and relevant computerized records, completes documentation as required for the maintenance and release of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade twelve (12), successful completion of a Sterile Supply Processing course, and three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.