ABC Technologies Inc. is a world leader in vertically integrated plastic processing, supporting a global organization with locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. ABC Technologies’ core business as an Automotive Tier 1 supplier is in the Design, Development and Production of plastic automotive systems and components for OEMs worldwide.
This CI Specialist is responsible for contribution to management functions of ABC Technologies Manufacturing Department through detailed analysis of current, future, and potential new cost saving and best practice ideas. This individual can be based out of our facility in the GTA or Windsor and will be required to travel between various ABC facilities within Ontario and Michigan to attend meetings and potentially work as required.
Furthermore, it is also the responsibility of the employee to contribute to a positive work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of all employees to perform your work safely, with consideration and adherence to legislative requirements and our established health and safety policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Adopt the ABC House of Lean concept and drive throughout your responsibilities and duties.
- Facilitate change management throughout various stages of our lean journey so that continuous improvement and teamwork become the standard.
- Work with employees to identify and develop continuous improvement strategies that will drive operational excellence, increased capacity, and cost reductions.
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality, and increase due date performance.
- Create educational programs to teach CI waste reduction strategies.
- Drive Best Practice and Lessons Learned sharing from existing processes to Business Units, Project Engineers, and Plant to facilitate long term improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Develop benchmarks, measurements, quantifiable benefits, and track progress.
- Share accountability for improvements in operational efficiencies.
- Lead Kaizen cross functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, setup reduction, value stream mapping exercises, TPM implementation, visual standards.
- Utilize six sigma tools to identify and eliminate waste.
- Participate in 3P process for your plant / region to support delivery of improved program launches.
- Assist in the development and implementation of site-specific process improvement goals and targets.
- Assist site managers in completing annual reports and audit worksheets.
- Assist in coordination of CI cost reduction initiatives to meet yearly targets.
- Coordinates CI tools, techniques, and information; may respond to questions from operators, Team leaders, CI champions, managers, and customers.
- Assist in cost reduction proposals for yearly cost reduction targets.
- Effectively communicate on issues and its resolution to the required audience.
- Communicates with Operators, Team Leaders, CI Champions, and Managers on work assignments as required.
- Communicates effectively with ABC Group Inc. customers as required for continuous improvement status updates.
- Tracks and reports on CI departmental KPI’s and month end summaries.
- Assists in distributing appropriate reports to others for analysis and corrective action.
- Compiles reports, process flows, and procedure manuals as required.
- Continue to self educate and attend suggested trainings that will expand your knowledge base and help deliver results on the above roles and responsibilities.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5-7 years experience in the automotive/manufacturing industry; knowledge of design, development, and manufacturing processes.
- Engineering, Technologist, or equivalent degree/diploma, with experience in lean manufacturing would be considered an asset.
- Experience in coaching and training of lean principles and continuous process improvement.
- Skilled in Six Sigma techniques and mindset. Able to quickly identify correct tool to apply to identified waste.
- Good understanding and extensive exposure to lean principles.
- Ability to develop credibility with employees and management.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is productive, takes initiative and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- An enthusiastic and energetic promoter of our lean philosophy.
- A strategic thinker Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Well-organized, attentive to details, works well with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to travel internationally as required.
- Computer skills including Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
In addition to a workplace that emphasizes respect, teamwork and personal and professional growth, ABC Technologies offers a broad range of health, wellness and financial benefits that promote the physical, mental and financial wellbeing of our employees and help them bring their best self to work, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Educational Assistance Program
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social events throughout the year
- Internal job opportunities
ABC Technologies Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,605.19-$93,714.24 per year
Work Location: In person