We are professional, supportive, customer-centric, and our goal is to attract team players who are collaborative and customer-centric, who want to work for an organization with strong values so we all win!.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
Territory Manager – Greater St. John’s Area – Eastern Newfoundland
Big Erics is celebrating over 75 years in business!
As a proudly family-owned and female lead company, Big Erics employs a diverse workforce throughout the Atlantic Region while working to serve customer needs across North America. With commercial/retail locations in Halifax and St. John's, and sales reps throughout the Atlantic region, our experienced team is committed to providing quality products, value-added services, and the latest innovations to support our customers' success. We are a leader in end-to-end product and serviced based solutions spanning food preparation and service, food safety, facilities maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation.
For more information on Big Erics visit bigerics.com/pages/careers
What makes Big Erics a great place to work?
Our Employees and our Customers!
Big Erics is proud to be a leading distributor of supplies, equipment, and industrial chemicals for the food service, janitorial, sanitation, confectionary, and manufacturing sectors in Atlantic Canada.
Our leadership team is focused on attracting and retaining the best talent in the region. With our continuous evolution, we are currently looking for a permanent full time Territory Manager (Outside Sales Representative) in the greater St. John’s area – Eastern Newfoundland areas. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Territory Manager will develop, maintain, and grow new and existing customers by promoting the company’s full range of products, with emphasis on expanding customer portfolio and increasing sales volume.
For this role we offer a base salary plus commission, complete with group health & benefits package, pension contribution and vehicle allowance + mileage.
If you are an outgoing, high energy problem solver that goes the extra mile to satisfy clients’ needs, please apply and join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
· Building new relationships by identifying and pursuing new customers; conducting cold calls for potential leads
· Become an expert on our products & services to provide customers with solutions that will help their business success
· Become a trusted partner to our customers by providing exceptional service
· Meet and exceed budgeted sales and profit targets
· Using our internal systems to enter orders, create quotes, follow-up on orders and track delivery
· Must have sales experience, ideally at least five years of outside sales experience with a track record of success.
· Managing existing business accounts as well as developing long-term relationships with new clients; Experience with new business prospecting and customer relationship management is essential.
· Experience in the restaurant service industry, food equipment/janitorial industry is considered an asset.
· Have an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and bring new idea to the table.
· A professional with strong customer service and superior communication skills
· An optimistic attitude with the ability to stay positive in difficult situations
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite is essential and knowledge of SAP would be an asset
· Valid drivers’ license with a ‘clean’ record and reliable transportation is required
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
· Willingness to learn!
Your application will require you to submit a resume, answer all of the questions and complete a questionnaire. Applications must be received on or before Monday October 16th, 2023.
Contact: If you have any further questions about the role, please e-mail the Hiring Manager email contact provided on posting.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for a first interview will be contacted for progressing next steps.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL A1E 1S6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in St. John's, NL A1E 1S6
Application deadline: 2023-10-16