The Machine Operator works as part of a team to meet the daily production goals. They must complete one or more tasks that are part of product creation, finishing, inspecting or palletizing. They must report any problems or discrepancies to their supervisor. Strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) is required. The Machine Operator has at least 3 years experience and has knowledge and understanding of complicated machinery such as a blow molder.
The machine operator will report to their assigned supervisor and also take direction from line leads. They are expected to interact with other members of the leadership team, Quality Assurance department and staff as required to carry out their duties. All associates must work together as a team and ensure they are following all aspects of the Employee Code of Conduct at all times and if unclear they are to report to their immediate supervisor.
Duties as described, included but not limited to the following:
- Starting up, setting up and stopping equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that is free of debris. Cleaning production area - Sweep, mop, and remove debris
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing
- Measure, pour or mix ingredients
- Cleaning, sanitizing equipment and machinery per QA standards and policies;
- Mixing chemicals per manufacturer's specifications and following safe chemical handling;
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Pull damaged or non-conforming product off the line.
- Record data.
- Take instructions from supervisors, line leads and Quality Assurance.
- Perform product Quality Control Checks.
- Openly communicates with co-workers to inform them of anything unusual or potentially dangerous
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to GMPs, SQF and HACCP written Program.
- Follows and complies with all company health and safety rules & Provincial Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Follows and complies with all SQF/HACCP/GMP (Food Safety) protocols, policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail and produce timely results
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- A go-getter attitude
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma (Grade 12 or GED) required;
- WHMIS understanding and knowledge required;
- Fluency in the English language (speaking, reading and writing). Employees may require English comprehension testing to confirm skill.
- May require overtime on occasion when approved by supervisor;
- Requires physical fitness and mobility in the plant environment;
- Ability to lift up to 20 - 30 pounds from ground to waist
- Some reaching and lifting over shoulder (20lbs);
- A tolerance for hot temperatures; dusty environments;
- A tolerance for high volume areas, working with loud machinery whilst using the proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time while doing repetitive tasks
- A tolerance to working with diluted chemicals safely and wear appropriate PPE for extended periods of time.
Shift Time: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM from Monday to Friday
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$29.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Work Location: In person