Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) is a dynamic organization leading Alberta’s gaming, liquor and cannabis industries. Our team of high performers is driven to provide our customers with outstanding service and Albertans with choices they can trust.
ABOUT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
IT proudly provides the computer systems, security, IT services and governance that support AGLC’s businesses, including the operation & support of mission critical gaming, liquor and corporate systems running on a variety of computing platforms. IT ensures the stability and performance of a Local/Wide Area Network, which supports over 1,200 gaming locations and more than 2,000 computers/tablets, 150 physical and 2,000 virtual servers distributed across six corporate offices, casinos, RECs and bingo halls. IT provides leadership in the use of information technology, data and systems to help the AGLC achieve business goals and objectives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Req: 1767
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Information Technology / IT Operations
Classification: Systems Analyst 2 (552)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $65,288.00 - $85,662.00
Closing Date: Open Until Suitable Candidate Found
Do you possess expertise in application development and support including solution architecture, design, implementation, automated testing, and support? Do you enjoy investigating and resolving issues and managing problems? Do you possess in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends? If yes, this may be the position for you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Regulatory Applications System Analysts are responsible for application development and on-going support for wide range of applications and product suites that provide automation and support for business process at the AGLC.
This position requires a deep level of expertise in all phases and aspects of application development, testing, deployment planning, solution delivery, configuration, and support of complex applications and product suites. This includes the planning and estimating of resources and timelines. In this position you will be expected to be adaptable and possess strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. You must possess excellent decision making and technical problem-solving skills. In addition, you must come with strong project management, planning, estimating, consulting, reporting, and presentation skills. Key knowledge areas of this position include:
- ITIL, Agile/Scrum
- software development life cycle
- support procedures
- application security
- Related University degree or technical diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in programming, application support or systems analysis.
- Experience with TSQL and MS SQL Server
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, and/or PowerBuilder
Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Deployment of applications on different platforms (client-server, web server, mobile/handheld devices)
- Liquor/Gaming Compliance and Social Responsibility systems – Custom application product suite
- Object oriented development and technology such as:
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.