De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our Data Analytics & BI team, directly report to the Manager, Business Development & Analytics. The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering a large amount of data, analyze it, separate out the essential information, and then utilize programming tools for business intelligence to extract insights that may be used to increase the productivity and efficiency of the business. As a data scientist you will collaborate closely with business leaders and other key players to comprehend company objectives and identify data-driven strategies for achieving those objectives. Together, with your manager, you will co-develop / execute on yearly goals & objectives and determine how best to utilize all available tools and resources to achieve expected results to grow the Aftermarket business across the breadth of the De Havilland Aircraft of Canada enterprise.
At DHC our employees work together worldwide. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Analyze huge amounts of data, both structured and unstructured
- Collect, integrate, and analyze various datasets to produce business performance reports and identify risks and issues on team programs/projects to ensure delivery, quality and cost objectives are achieved
- Master and understand the various business processes of the company and its related systems, as required
- Create comprehensive analytical solutions, from data gathering to display; assist in the construction of data engineering pipelines
- Create solutions and strategies to business problems
- Work with team members and leaders to develop data strategy
- Present data using various data visualization techniques and tools
- Supporting the data scientists, BI developers, and analysts team as needed for their projects
- Collaborating with the team and partners to provide data-driven solutions created with original concepts
- Build, implement, and monitor data pipelines, as well as conduct knowledge sharing sessions with peers to ensure effective data use
- Synthesizes various complex data points to produce clear, concise, and easy-to-follow documentation
- Provide clear, concise, and accurate recurring progress and impact reporting in compliance with Organization governance and management systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science and/or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in business analytics and analysis
- Experience in the aerospace industry and/or manufacturing environment (Asset)
- Experience dealing with all levels of an organization
- Experience working in a highly technical environment (asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong financial acumen with excellent proficiency in MS Excel to analyze and compute large amounts of data
- Sound understanding of relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL database, Oracle DB, and the ability to extract reports. Strong skills to develop report/dashboards using Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Power BI and Tableau
- Results-oriented and a team player comfortable working with all aspects of the organization
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- You can work as part of a team or individually.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, autonomous, and enthusiastic, possess excellent written and verbal communication and human relations skills and be willing to travel.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.