Department: Service Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 13-Oct-23 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At Service Nova Scotia, we impact every citizen, business and municipality in Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to design and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of our clients and the public good through a culture of excellence. Service Nova Scotia’s vision is to be a recognized leader in service and public protection that delivers trusted, accessible, modern programs, and contributes to Nova Scotia as a safe and desirable place to live, work and do business.
To learn more about our Department, please click here.
If you enjoy working in an in person front-line environment and are seeking an exciting and rewarding career with lots of potential, we have a great opportunity for you as a Customer Service Representative at Access Nova Scotia
The successful candidate in this role will help citizens and businesses of Nova Scotia with a variety of transactions related to the Registry of Motor Vehicles Program. The Access Nova Scotia environment is very fast paced with lots of variety each day. Access Nova Scotia has a client centric culture, and we pride ourselves on providing a very rewarding, supportive, and dynamic work environment. Build a fulfilling career with room for movement within our department and across government.
- Engage with clients to provide a high standard of seamless service for the Registry of Motor Vehicles program.
- Ensure Access Nova Scotia meets clients needs and clients accomplish what they set out to do, have their questions answered and receive the support they require.
- Serve many clients every day accurately and efficiently helping them register vehicles, obtain/renew drivers’ licences, renew licence plates and more.
- Examine records, process documents, and apply relevant legislation and policy accurately and efficiently.
- Exercise a high degree of confidentiality when entering and retrieving information from systems and applications.
- Maintain the security and control of public funds and inventory.
Qualifications include four years of experience in a fast-paced customer service environment or a combination of customer service and other related experience, training, or education (university and college education will be considered when determining the four-year experience requirement)
You will also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging client conversations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible team-player
- Self motivated with a positive attitude
- Efficient and accurate
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong data entry and computer skills
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless career paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $1,675.62 - $1,874.80 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].