As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
The Network Engineer role is to support the stable operation of the internal corporate computer network (data, voice and video). This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems. Investigating faults in the network and arranging scheduled upgrades/fixes
- Identifying, designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks providing documentations
- Perform capacity planning for network infrastructure
- Participate in product selection, evaluation, and deployment of emerging technologies
- Work to implement tools to facilitate further automation
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, and executing security operations processes, provides real-time security analysis, incident response
- Respond to incoming calls, alarms and e-mails regarding client data and voice issues, client change requests
- Network performance and quality, system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
- Minimum 3 year of hands-on experience
- Working experience with Enterprise Campus and Datacenter networks: 3 tier and spine and leaf architectures
- Experience with network firewalls, routers, switches, NAC, and Wi-Fi
- Hands-on experience with protocols: BGP, OSPF (multi-area), IPSEC VPN (static and dynamic)
- Hands-on experience with MS-Teams configuration is required: MS-Teams devices (Rooms, Phones, etc), Call Queues, Call forward, etc. Experience with RightFax (cloud) is desirable.
- Experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting the following protocols and technologies is desirable: Cisco ISE, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyser, ADVPN, SDWAN, Cisco switches (Catalyst and Nexus), VSS, FHRP, vPC, 802.1x, 802.1q,802.3ad, Radius, QoS, SNMP
- Experience with coding languages (Python or Powershell) would be an asset
- Experience using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Solarwinds
- Fortinet NSE, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, MS-720 or other network certifications is a plus
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- The ability to multi-task and be a good team player
A college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 5 years equivalent work experience
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
Richardson Wealth is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We are happy to meet your individual needs in keeping with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Candidates may request accommodation at any point during the interview process.
We proudly support the Black Opportunity Fund, Pride at Work Canada, and Women’s Executive Network.