Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 7,000 employees in 24 offices across Canada and 320 000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-site and Mobile Guarding, and Investigations.
We are hiring a Site Security Lead (Account Manager) to head up our high caliber Security Operations team for a high profile client in Vancouver City!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, supportive, collaborative work environment and the ability to grow your career with a world class employer. This is a key role with responsibilities to both the security leadership and regional client support team. We invite dedicated security professionals with experience in law enforcement and/or military background to apply.
The Site Security Lead (Account Manager) will report to the District Manager. This person will liaise with client representatives to measure contract KPIs and key long-term initiatives, mentor subordinate managers, and ensure compliance with financial performance projections.
The Site Security Lead (Account Manager) will meet or exceed all established operations goals to ensure contract compliance while ensuring all company processes are followed. Retaining and developing successful employees through proper training will also be a part of this person's responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Vision and Business Operation Goals -
Establish weekly, monthly, and quarterly operations goals in support of the contract business plan. Provide regular updates to senior leadership on operations goals in terms of achievement/progress via Salesforce reports, metrics, or other tools. Review all relevant reports to increase efficiency and productivity. Exhibit strong collaboration with all functional departments to achieve business goals. Strategic involvement in company and client programs, initiatives, committees, and task forces. Provide leadership oversight and guidance with direct reports to achieve goals.
Performance Management -
Recruit, hire, and retain operations professionals through proper coaching and performance management. Establish performance goals for the security teams and continuously monitor progress. Ensure direct reports are properly managing the performance and development of security personnel, including, but not limited to the completion of performance reviews, development plans for security officers, and potential Performance Improvement Plans for employees showing negative trending performance. Timely completion of all performance management processes for direct reports.
Training & Development -
Identify team performance gaps and development areas and offer solutions to narrow the gap. Ensure all individual required training is completed, with a heavy emphasis on professional development and supporting processes. Provide leadership supervision in the development and execution of customized training and improvement processes for operations functions. Conduct regular staff and team meetings to discuss goals and strategy, celebrate successes, and share best practices. Maintain extensive knowledge of complex industry standards, current security issues, and technology and update managers on risks and threats that could impact the cluster, and provide recommendations for proactive solutions and best practices.
Customer Service -
Ensure 100% customer satisfaction through excellent and frequent client engagement. Lead by example in working with various other internal departments to resolve challenging customer service-related issues timely. Must be knowledgeable of the market, industry trends, competitors, and demographics to be successful in setting overall operations and customer strategies.
- Manage daily Security Officer operational staffing requirements and administrative functions, meeting business goals and objectives for assigned locations.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections, monitor, and manage the Security Officers in the assigned region.
- Ensure subordinate supervisors understand and deliver orders, ensure sufficient resources are available to support and/or establish posts in a timely fashion, and are appropriately filled according to contract requirements and post orders.
- Serve as Securitas's Regional contract liaison with client representatives to ensure delivery of the highest quality of service within a limited turnaround time.
- Oversee the training and operational employment of Field Supervisors and Security Officers.
- Ensure the highest standards of conduct, appearance, performance, and training are being always met.
- Keep the Director of Operations apprised of contract performance by accurately communicating the status of compliance and identifying any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- May perform additional tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned account.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Speak, read, and write English
- Must be age 18 or older
- Four-year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of professional‐level experience required. Prior experience in law enforcement or the military is required, security experience would be a plus
- Experience in scheduling, operations, or other functions of the security industry is a plus
- Current driver's license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with the ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service‐focused manner and to de‐escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required including the ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting.
- Must have a high level of technological acumen or mastery of Microsoft Office software, Salesforce, HRIS Platforms, and other web-based management platforms.
- Professional, articulate; and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to effectively enforce post orders, security standards, and company policies equitably and consistently
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining quality staff
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
- Incumbent must be available to work outside the normal shift schedule on an as‐needed basis and must be accessible by phone 24/7 for emergency response
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Required ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage, which may include prolonged periods of data analysis.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Depending on experience, Securitas will offer a starting salary of $120K
, in addition to a full benefits package.
If joining our management team sounds like the right fit for you, please click apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Law Enforcement/Military: 1 year (required)
- Security: 1 year (required)
- Driving License (required)
Work Location: In person
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.