At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
The Delivery Driver – Ensures the safe means of transport for packaged product to a variety of Q&C and Mining customers located throughout the province of BC.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday
What you will be doing
- Deliver product to scheduled customers within established routes in an efficient and professional manner
- Ability to maneuver on the road and on customer property in a safe manner.
- Preventative maintenance, greasing schedule including focus parts and process to clean/change all filters.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to quickly determine potential issues and problem solve accordingly.
- Perform safety pre/post trip inspections on truck and equipment to company safety standards
- Complete fully and accurately all necessary paperwork in compliance with company procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to familiarize with relevant Orica products and their associated unique handling characteristics.
- Assist with incoming stock and rotate inventory as required.
- Loading & unloading delivery truck
- Must be able to lift/carry 45-50 lbs.and push/pull 50-250 lbs.in a safe manner.
- Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting
- Must be able to perform frequent reaching over the shoulder, waist level, and from the floor
- Ability to use a dolly and/ or power jack to deliver the product to customers while loading and unloading the truck with the product and adhering to all safety regulations
- Clean Driver's abstract
- Class 3 License
- Minimum 2 yrs commercial tandem straight truck or tractor/trailer driving experience both on and off road
- Experienced mountain driving with chains
- Flat bed experience a plus
How you shape and influence others
* Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
* Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
* Solid interpersonal and communication skills
* Self-aware and open to feedback
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Productive without compromising quality
* Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Class 3 Drivers License (required)
Work Location: In person