Who We Are
One Company. Hundreds of Products. Endless Possibilities. Ply Gem is North America's leading manufacturer of exterior building materials, including windows, siding, stone, and 40 other categories. At Ply Gem, we provide the nation's residential builders, remodelers and architects with access to a comprehensive range of building products. From new construction to repair, remodel and replacement, our full line of building products provide quality and value for all types of projects.
Ply Gem Canada is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Ply Gem Canada, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
· You will be Part of a Winning Team
· You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
· You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
· You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
· Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
· Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
· Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
· Bring yourself fully to work each day
· Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
· Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
· Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
· Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
Ply Gem Canada is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Shipping Team.
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, the person performing these duties needs a valid class 5 license with air brake ticket. Driver will have an assigned Swamper to complete deliveries from factory to our customer job sites.
· The driver receives delivery report and packing slips for assigned truck.
· The driver performs pre-inspection for assigned truck and gives this inspection from to dispatcher.
· Inspects truck for lights, air leaks, tires, brakes and trailer body damage.
· Leaves building to begin site deliveries.
· Call the site contact to inform the said contact that the windows will be delivered in the next 2 hours
· Completes job site hazard assessment prior to unloading product on site. Product is to be placing in garage, or other assigned location in neat organized manner.
· Document any missing or additional items dropped on the job site.
· Packing slip to be left with product at site.
· Complete driver delivery report showing complete delivery or explained variances to delivery.
· Once all products on the truck have been delivered, return to home base for second & third trips.
· Assist loading truck when requested by the Shipping Supervisor.
· Must be 25 years or older per company insurance policy
· Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license (with air brake ticket) issued by the province
· Clean driver’s abstract
· High school diploma or the equivalent
· Manual dexterity
· Able to lift up to 50 kgs.
· Able to speak, read and write in the English language
· Punctual, reliable and self-motivated
· Ability to work overtime and flexible hours as required
· Ability to work outdoors, 12 months of the year
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road