Located in Waterloo, ON, Canada, BicDroid Inc. ("BicDroid") is a world technology leader in data and cyber security and has been selected by "Fortune Global 500" companies to protect their server data, enhance the security of their smartphones, and provide secure and reliable remote work solutions for their employees. Built on patented key technologies including quantum safe key management, end-to-end cryptographically secure access control (ECSAC), smart integration of ECSAC and encryption, secure hardware and OS level virtualization, and cryptographic partition for data self-protection, BicDroid’s products make data immune to malicious attacks, protecting data anytime, anywhere, and against any known/unknown threats including ransomware, malicious insiders, supply chain attacks, and fileless attacks. They include QDocument (server-side, client-side, and transmission security) and Quarantined Work Space (QWS), the most innovative, secure, reliable remote work solution on the market, and have been deployed in hundreds of millions of devices. With its recent advanced coding techniques for distributed file systems, BicDroid also offers high performance Hadoop.
We are looking to add a QA Engineer to our Waterloo team. The candidate will be expected to communicate with the QA and development teams, and have analytic / problem-solving skills.
The ability to develop testing strategies, identify problems, and draw up test documents and reports will be required as well. With new security development features always in progress the candidate will need to use their knowledge of operating systems, networking, security, et al to develop new ways to verify/validate, break, and/or breach these new features.
- Meeting with development team to determine quality assurance parameters, and provide feedback throughout the testing cycle.
- Performing both automated and manual testing on a variety of Unix/Linux distros/kernels.
- Be a team player that can work independently with minimum supervision.
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modify testing procedures as needed.
- Provide quality assurance reports based on the company requirements.
- Responding to requests from the design team, deployment team, and management.
- Implement, read and comprehend QA code and test plans with minimum supervision.
- Evaluate feedback from customers to improve documentation and deployment.
- Document the testing and deployment procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Have knowledge and working experience with Unix/Linux distros.
- Ability to write C and Python code plus Unix shell and Expect scripts.
- Know different operating system designs & concepts (i.e. monolithic vs micro kernels).
- Possess knowledge and experience of different file transfer and network protocols.
- Knowledge of security concepts (firewalls, ACLs, signatures, PPKs, etc.) is an asset.
- Familiarity with Robot testing framework and Pytest are assets.
- High-level analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with an issue tracking product, preferably JIRA.
- Familiarity with a version control system, preferably Git.
- Familiarity of co.
- Ability in C++ is not an ability in C. We require C experience.
- Experience in Python must be more than "simple" programs.
- Working with experienced industry professionals you will have the opportunity to learn one-on-one about specific topics in-depth as part of your job and/or if you have a particular interest in a topic.
- Bachelor/Masters of computer science or electrical and computer engineering, etc.
- Employer RRSP contribution matching.
- Extended health benefit plan (after 3 month probation period) covering prescriptions, eye wear, dental.
Job Type: Full-time