ORGANIZATION: The Guelph Humane Society Incorporated (GHS) is a non-profit registered charity that relies on community support to shelter and care for animals in Guelph and Wellington County. Each year the GHS cares for approximately 3000 animals in need, providing animal sheltering and adoption services, veterinary care, animal protection services and a progressive spay/neuter program. The Society also boasts strong humane education programs that impact thousands of children and youth annually.
LOCATION: 190 Hanlon Creek Boulevard, Guelph
TITLE: Client Services Representative (Part-Time)
HOURS OF WORK:
Approximately 8-16hrs per week including weekend shifts. Please do not apply if you are not available to work almost every weekend.
Under the direction of the Finance & Administration Manager, and supervision of the Client Services Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of day-to-day front office/reception duties, including answering phones, greeting clients, processing payments and donations, booking appointments, receiving animals and general administrative duties to support the overall mission of the GHS. The successful candidate will provide exceptional customer service, excellent communication, and organization skills, and will demonstrate a positive attitude at all times.
· Has a good understanding of animal welfare and is able to effectively communicate the mission and ideals of the Guelph Humane Society in the course of their duties in a positive manner
· Ensures that members of the public receive professional, prompt, and friendly service
· Calmly and professionally assist struggling members of the public experiencing difficult situations.
· Ensures telephones are answered in an efficient, accurate and professional manner and calls are directed to the appropriate department/individual as required
· Communicates details and assists clients with GHS programs such as Roaming Cat Program, Trap Rental Program.
· Assists with answering and forwarding of emails to appropriate department/team member on a daily basis.
· Maintains a high level of communication with all other staff and volunteers.
· Organizes and keeps the office, reception, and retail boutique clean, organized and running efficiently.
· Actively assist in our lost and found program, ensuring lost pets are reunited with their owners as a matter of utmost importance.
· At all times treats other staff, management, volunteers and members of the public with courtesy and respect.
· Keep a highly detailed and accurate log of all incoming and outgoing calls.
· Record highly detailed animal and client memos in the database.
· Assists with Animal Services Department through dispatching calls and recording detailed, timely and accurate reports as given by members of the public.
· Processing cat and dog licenses for the City of Guelph and surrounding Townships.
· Receive physical and monetary donations from general public and accurately records donation information in the donor database.
· Performs other duties as required and assigned.
· High school diploma (minimum)
· Demonstrated excellence in customer service and public relations skills, with the ability to handle difficult clients and high stress situations
· Computer literacy required, experience with computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office) and ability to learn new software quickly (PetPoint). Accuracy in data entry.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with superior organizational skills
· Ability to maintain professional composure, a positive attitude and multitask in a high-paced, reactive environment
· Experience with processing cash and card payments and open/closing a facility would be an asset
· Excellent attention to detail
· Comfortable handling domestic animals of all types and some general knowledge of animal care/responsible pet ownership
· Comfortable with wildlife and some general knowledge of local species would be an asset
· General knowledge of animal welfare and humane society activities
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications and availability, please forward your resume with a covering letter.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Guelph Humane Society; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Salary: From $16.59 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekends as needed
Mandatory vaccination policy in effect
- Customer service: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person