Key Assets Newfoundland and Labrador (KANL) is part of a global organization, changing the lives of children, youth, and families around the world. In Canada, our offices are located in
Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Ontario. KANL provides specialized care and support services to young people and families with complex needs. Working in partnership with statutory bodies, KANL strives to develop and offer a range of creative services for children, youth, and families to meet their specific needs and deliver positive outcomes. As an organization, KANL endeavors to respond to the needs of the community in a manner that is innovative, sustainable, proactive, and focused on positive outcomes. We are currently recruiting in Newfoundland and Labrador for the position of:
Full-Time Permanent Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer for Key Assets Canada, the Provincial Director is responsible for:
- ensuring high-quality service in Newfoundland and Labrador aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Key Assets Canada and the Martin James Foundation.
- holding responsibility for the actions of KANL and ensure such is regularly provided to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- carrying out the administrative and leadership functions of KANL related to service agreements and contracts with agencies, ensuring compliance with provincial and/or federal legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- keeping well-informed of provincial and national child welfare development, research, and policy, effecting implementation of services within the agency where appropriate, and communicate such to KANL management team.
- reporting regularly to the CEO for Canada providing updates and development on planning, service development and program delivery.
- leading the development, implementation, and monitoring of an annual strategic plan and budget.
- overseeing and ensuring collaborative planning with key stakeholders, both outside of the organization and within.
- providing fiscal oversight to secure the viability and sustainability of programs.
- ensuring completion of all required Key Assets internal and external monthly reporting.
- ensuring that operational staff and supervisors appropriately oversee the development of individual evidence-based, trauma-informed intervention plans for children and youth.
- supporting directors, managers, supervisors, and child and youth care staff in the operationalization of treatment goals.
- leading the ongoing development, delivery, and monitoring of existing and new programs and services.
- providing leadership that promotes a positive and client-centered organizational culture.
- representing KANL in community events and/or interagency activities.
- developing a learning culture, analyzing and prioritizing learning areas for the team.
- all other related duties as required.
To be successful in this position, candidates will be required to have the following qualifications:
- A post-graduate degree in Social Work, Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten years post-graduate experience working with children and youth (and their families) with complex emotional, behavioral, and mental health issues.
- Minimum of five years of management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and employee management skills.
- Ability to lead and function effectively as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Extensive experience in intervention planning, case management, and the provision of trauma-focused evidence-based care.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Clear Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Child Protection Clearance Check granting clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Use of a private vehicle.
- Proof of citizenship.
Key Assets Offers:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience.
- Group Health Benefits enrollment (medical, dental, etc.)
- Competitive RRSP contribution matching up to 5% of employee contribution.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year (5 weeks).
- Sick leave entitlement of 7 days per year.
- Learning and development, training, and certification opportunities.
- Flexible work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume by email to [email protected] The closing date for applications is October 13, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
At Key Assets, we pledge our commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and strive to act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve and will continuously strive to build and sustain an
equitable work environment. We will always challenge the norm, ask questions, and keep our promises.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which includes applicants from all cultures, diverse gender identity and expression, race, and others who contribute to our diverse population. We ask applicants who may require an accommodation to contact our
Human Resources Department at [email protected] We will work to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodations for the interview and selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00-$142,646.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John'S, NL A1C 4Z1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-13