Part time : 3 days a week
If sales is a calling not a job, if you’re an entrepreneur at heart, if you have a passion for customer relations, then we would like to hire you to fulfill the exciting role of Retail Sales Representative in the St John’s Newfoundland.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with opportunities for advancement and career development.
- Possibility of teleworking on occasion according to company policy.
- Access to a group insurance plan & a pension plan with employer contributions.
- Telemedicine & employee and family assistance program.
- Recognition & wellness programs for employees.
- Activities organized by the company.
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the Retail Sales Representative, will be responsible for managing all aspects of sales. He will assure distribution of all listed Lassonde products, as well as identify new business opportunities and increase sales in the respective territory.
To be successful you are a quick thinker, goal-oriented individual who can prioritize and has the drive to achieve results in a rapidly changing fast paced environment. You are a key player in executing our sales plans through selling, merchandising, shelving and managing distribution in your territory. By optimizing the in-store environment you will influence consumer purchasing behaviours generating sales.
- Service and manage various stores including small-format retail stores (independent convenience, corporate/independent gas, and grocery/drug stores) and achieve sales objectives.
- Maintain accurate account records and submit required territory audits/reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our customers.
- Report and manage sales execution.
- Plan store visits.
- Ensure there are enough products on shelves, as per planograms.
- Develop action plans for promotions and new product launches.
- Install POS materials.
- Ensure that quality of products meet company standards and that products are priced correctly, properly rotated and have valid expiry dates.
- Provide feedback on performance of shelving/merchandising programs and recommend course corrective action.
- Maintain a high level of competitor and marketplace knowledge including products, pricing, discounts, promotions and sales levels.
Education and experience required:
- Post-Secondary education (business or marketing an asset).
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail sales experience (food and beverage industry an asset).
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MSWord Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, passionate, possessing strong leadership.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, prioritize, multi-task, detail oriented and highly organized.
- Bilingual French/English (an asset).
Specifics of the position:
- Occasional trips for out of town for meetings, training and territory coverage.
- Must be able to lift 25–30 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
Lassonde, all in good taste!
Working at Lassonde is about being involved, giving meaning to your work and doing things right. And that’s because Lassonde takes care of its people. Choosing Lassonde means joining a century-old company founded in Quebec that embodies strong values such as respect and integrity. It also means finding a family spirit at the heart of a North American company, thriving alongside dedicated people and being proud of the tasty, quality products that we offer our clients and consumers. At Lassonde, anything is possible.