TTT Studios is a digital consulting and software developing company working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past decade, we’ve built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience has put us in the best position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products. Our culture is essential to our company, and we foster an open and welcoming environment for everyone on our team. We understand that success comes from sweating the details. Carefully considered design—whether in our user interface work, technical architectures, or project management processes—is at the core of everything we do. We expect amazing things from each other, and through tight collaboration, we achieve greatness.
Candidates must be based in the Greater Vancouver Area.
About the Role - Backend Engineer, JAVA/Spring Boot and Python (Contract)
We are looking for a talented and experienced JAVA backend engineer who is meticulous in designing and developing APIs and server platforms for TTT Studios' client projects. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices regarding database models and secure web services. Knowledge and experience in Python and AWS serverless(Lambda, ECS, Aurora, etc.) practices will be an asset.
- Expertise in JAVA and Spring MVC framework.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and high-performing applications.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work closely with the other members of the engineering team.
- Documenting architecture and technical specs for a backend application.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders
- You're not afraid to ask questions.
- Open to learning new technologies and working on a diverse tech stack.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of proven software development experience in JAVA with a solid understanding of J2EE technologies
- In-depth knowledge of SOAP web services, REST APIs, OOP, MVC, microservices architecture and related best practices.
- Experience in developing web applications using Spring framework.
- A good understanding of SQL, data model designing, optimizing queries and caching
- Experience using ORM framework, preferably Hibernate
- Hands-on knowledge of unit testing using Junits and Mocking framework.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Experience with deploying applications with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Current or prior experience in Python development.
- Experience with AWS serverless, e.g. Lambda and/or ECS(Fargate)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Complete this application and include your CV.
- If you're shortlisted, we'll schedule a video interview with our HR Manager.
- We will set up an interview at our office or via video conference. We'll talk about your experience, what you think about patterns, architecture, and some everyday situations while developing an app.
- We'll schedule a final interview to give more team members a chance to meet you.
- After conducting all interviews, we'll come to a decision.
Our Culture, Perks and Benefits.
At TTT Studios, we foster a culture of openness, passion, and empowerment, recognizing that our success depends on the strength of our team. With the freedom to take ownership of their work, our team of experts ideates, designs, and develops world-class solutions that empower users and organizations through software. From tackling complex business problems with cutting-edge tools to designing delightful digital experiences, we’re committed to delivering the right product for our clients. Whether sharing our expertise at international events or sponsoring local community initiatives, we’re always exploring new ways to make a difference in the industry and for technology users worldwide. Join us on this journey and discover what we can achieve together.
Set the bar for innovative custom software.
From exciting new product ideas to impactful enterprise-level solutions, we turn visions into inspiring, intuitive, and delightfully designed realities that set the standard for tomorrow. As a team member, you’ll collaborate with industry leaders across diverse fields, leveraging cutting-edge technologies to empower users everywhere.
Show off your skills from anywhere.
Whether at our modern office in downtown Vancouver or the comfort of your home. We value your work-life balance and support flexible arrangements that allow you to showcase your expertise and share your ideas.
Never stop learning.
Our commitment to growth also extends to your professional development. Take advantage of our education fund to attend conferences, workshops, and classes or pursue industry certifications. We also offer access to online learning resources to help your continuing education.
Invest in your well-being.
We want you to be the best version of yourself. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, coverage for health, vision, dental, prescriptions, and subsidized health programs and perks. Our complete benefits package will take care of you and the well-being of your loved ones.
Surprise yourself with yoga & boxing lessons.
Join our weekly expert-led yoga and boxing classes to enhance your physical and mental wellness. Learn how to throw a left uppercut or the latest asanas.
Enjoy profit-sharing bonuses.
With each team member contributing to the overall success of TTT Studios, we reward everyone with performance and profit-sharing bonuses.