We are open to Locum as well
The Family Physician is licensed to practice by Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons C.C.F.P certificate. As a member of our shared care primary care team in Brantford, they will lead the provision of primary care services to patients of De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre (DAHC). Our medical clinic offers excellent administrative support, opportunities for professional growth and development, partnerships with specialists, inter-professional care and outreach services, as well as a collaborative and supportive work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide direct patient care from infant to seniors, providing accessible, culturally safe, comprehensive, and effective care to patients of the health centre.
· Provide care that focuses on prevention, chronic disease management, acute and episodic care.
· Coordinate referrals and care with health specialists and providers
· Willingness and ability to provide safe home visits for patients facing barriers to accessing care in the clinic.
· Application and understanding of approaches to care that respect wholistic health and well-being, with an openness to the unique needs and beliefs of each individual.
· Provide coverage for other clinicians as needed.
· Works as part of an interdisciplinary team.
· Maintains competence and knowledge relevant to current clinical practices and guidelines.
· Maintains professional development requirements and license with CPSO in good standing.
· 3-5 years work experience in a health care setting in a direct care provision role. Experience working in a primary care setting an asset.
· Experience working with Indigenous community members an asset.
· Proficient in navigating electronic medical records and maintaining records in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
· Knowledge of First Nations, Metis and Inuit culture and communities, as well as the social determinants of health that have the greatest impacts.
· Knowledge of and practical application of relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbal
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as part of a team and independently
· Clear vulnerable sectors check is required.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
· Must provide proof of full vaccination or medical/religious/creed exemption upon start date
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: $130.27 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
All Covid protocols are in place and utilized daily.
- Doctoral Degree (required)
- health care setting: 3 years (required)
- Indigenous community members: 1 year (required)
- CPSO in good standing (required)
Work Location: In person