Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Candidate will be responsible for assisting the Honeywell Project Managers (PM) in the successful implementation of Construction/Energy Retrofit Projects. This position will assist with the overall relationship with the customer including technical or logistical issues that may arise with the implementation of the project plan. Primary function will be to interface with the Project Manager and customer to effectively complete the project on time and with a satisfied customer working in occupied buildings. Good communication skills are required. This position will require a good understanding and knowledge of construction and construction activities. This person will be required to read and interpret construction documents and understand trade terms and industry standards. This position will require travel to multiple sites across Newfoundland.
Use your project and organizational skills to be responsible for management of various business projects that drive revenue, increase productivity and improve processes. These projects span across multiple areas and businesses. You will be in a visible position and will require direct interaction with peers and leaders across all these groups. Your projects will vary depending on the organization being supported and therefore requires a vast knowledge across various business practices.
- Manage the day to day construction process and activities onsite by working with all parties involved (client, contractors, government bodies, consultants, and other Honeywell groups).
- Keeping projects on schedule
- Reviews all job contract documents for requirements and flow downs
- Review all contractor submitted documents for compliance with client and project requirements and ensure all requirements are met
- Planning, expediting, Implementing and monitoring project schedules and requirements
- Manage multiple projects packages on multiple sites and disciplines
- Coordinate work packages between multiple subcontractors and project team members internal and external
- Maintaining project meeting minutes and distribution
- Reporting project progress to the Project Manager
- Evaluates subcontractor performance against requirements
- Evaluates subcontractor safety performance against established protocol
- Complete daily logs and photo documentation of the Work and act with urgency to complete work.
- Assist with commissioning and record keeping of the Work
- Assemble and review project closeout documents and warranties for completeness and accuracy
- Witness pre- and post-test measurements
- Other tasks to support the Work as required
- Ability to accept frequent travel for up to 50% with potential overnight stay within the province
You Must Have
- Post secondary education in a technical field (Electrical/Civil/Mechanical/Engineering Technology)
- 5 plus years of Construction Management experience
- 2+ years of experience with HVAC and other building automation
- Must be able to obtain security clearance as required by the customer
- Valid Full NL class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Immunization (including COVID-19 vaccination) as required by the customer and in accordance with the Public Health Act
- Certified Engineering Technologist(CET)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Project Management certification (PMP)
- Experience using Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel
- Project Management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly in cross-functional collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
JOB ID: HRD205586
Category: Business Management
Location: 1 Duffy Place,St. John's,Newfoundland and Labrador,A1B 4M6,Canada