Do you have a passion for the environment and cleantech, and a drive to change our world for the better? Are you eager to build your career in a growing company, enjoy getting exposure to a variety of tasks, and enjoy new challenges? Keep reading! We may have your dream job!
At HTEC we’re unlocking the potential of hydrogen to reduce climate change and air pollution. Based in Vancouver, we design, build, and operate hydrogen fuel supply solutions to support the deployment of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles. Every day, we’re delivering safe, reliable, convenient, sustainable, and low-cost hydrogen to customers and consumers, how, when, and where they need it.
We run a values-based business so fit comes first. Sure, we’ve got a list of knowledge, skills, and abilities we’re looking for in a successful candidate, and we lay those out below. But making sure our values align is critical. Read our values and if we are a match and you can deliver on the job responsibilities and requirements, we hope to hear from you!
Reporting to the Data Manager, the Data Analyst II will be part of the Data Management Operations team and will be responsible for the Network of Station Data Systems, providing data analysis and support services. The are responsible for designing and maintaining datasets and data models for the Operations teams in support of the Station Data Networks and the projects underway at HTEC.
- Design, develop and maintain datasets & data models using Power BI Query & SQL.
- Develop dashboards in Power BI to centralize reporting.
- Collaborate with teams across business to build and maintain data pipelines that extract, transform, and load data from various sources into relevant datasets.
- Support the design and development of data models and dashboards that support reporting, analysis, and visualization.
- Provide insights into business performance, trends, and metrics through data analytics.
- Optimize all stages of the data analysis process, from extraction through the modelling and visualization.
- Act as a Business Intelligence Domain Expert by supporting team members in the use and interpretation of data and understanding of metrics and reporting requirements.
- Collaborates with and provides training and knowledge transfer to business end-users of reports and data sources.
- Supports ad hoc and other unplanned analysis and reporting needs as determined by management priority and business changes.
- Collaborates on data discovery and mapping of Station applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business or relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business analytics, statistical analytics, KPI development and metrics reporting, preferably in a Program & Project Management environment with quantitative metric analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Query & SQL.
- Experience working with data and databases, including working experience with programming languages and business intelligence tools such as SQL and Power BI, to build dataflow, datasets and analytical solutions and build visual insights and dashboards.
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow) is an asset.
- Experience with Azure Analytics Services, including Azure Analysis Services, is an asset.
- Expertly demonstrable understanding of database structure, business object models, and large-scale data processing techniques.
- Familiarity and understanding of critical metric analysis, performance measurement, financial systems and project scheduling/controls systems.
- Demonstrated data analytic skills including demonstrable ability to merge multiple data sources into substantial information, review incomplete data, problem tackle to fill in gaps and provide recommendation for significant solutions.
- Deep technical communication ability, including the ability to clearly and concisely detail and communicate complex data structures and process maps.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to prioritize a variety of work assignments.
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Data analytics: 5 years (required)
- Power BI or SQL: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person