This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is currently seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team at the Summerland Health Centre in beautiful Summerland, BC.
Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
About the Job:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer paid training/education opportunities
- Generous Vacation Entitlement
- Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Shift Premiums
- Competitive wages
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a PERMANENT PART TIME opportunity.
Shifts of work will be scheduled evenings; rotating from 16:00 to 22:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Summerland is an unique and special place located in a region of BC renowned worldwide as a great place to visit and even a better place to live. The name really does say it all. Seemingly endless summers are followed by a warm vibrant fall with wine festivals and the last days at the beach. The short and very mild winters, with a full complement of activities, lead into a spring that features the most hours of sunshine of any place in Canada. Summerland is truly a four season playground.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer!
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*