Since 1980 Vintage Woodworks has been British Columbia’s leading heritage restoration specialist and award-winning manufacturer of replica energy-efficient custom wood windows, doors, and storefronts. For decades we have been committed to quality craftsmanship in historical millwork. Our specialty is providing restoration products for historic windows, doors, mouldings, and brackets storefronts and the manufacture of new wood products that can match heritage design while meeting environmental concerns.
Vintage Woodworks Inc. is seeking a qualified Sales Representative who will play a key role in the sales and coordination of residential projects. We are looking for a professional who can quickly absorb and retain product knowledge to develop and secure new business opportunities.
This role will work at our head office, and is the first point of contact for clients coming into the office as well as managing incoming calls.
You have a good understanding of the construction industry and have a proven track record of success in building and maintaining customer relationships by providing outstanding customer service. You are driven, a self-starter, and a team player who has a strategic approach. You have a passion to exceed periodic goals and are confident and comfortable reaching out to prospective clients.
The role reports to our General Manager (GM) in our Victoria area head office. The GM is responsible for the overall operations and production within Vintage Woodworks.
The role will be trained and mentored by the VP of Business Development (VPBD) and will play an important role in increasing and expanding sales.
Sales shall include, but not be limited to windows, doors, mouldings, and various walk-in/call-in customers.
The Sales Representative is the primary contact for the client and is responsible for securing project information, providing advice, and budgets while updating and maintaining the project status while in consistent (communication with the client and its representatives. They successfully manage multiple projects at any given time.
The individual in this role must be excellent in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working in a safe, reliable and quality-conscious manner. You will be responsible for meeting these timely deadlines within budget estimates. You are a skilled communicator with a diverse approach, which allows you to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including the client, tradespeople or client representatives.
The GM holds you accountable to these tasks, and you will work closely and in constant communication to bridge the sales role with production and operations.
The person in this role works in a team environment, is proactive, exhibits extreme work ethics, loves to work with people, and presents themselves as an ambassador for Vintage Woodworks.
· Use your outside sales experience to prospect and develop new, exciting client relationships
· Actively manage and grow accounts and revenue through sales
· Handle client relations and customer service
· Site visits
· Prepare quotes and follow up
· Handling routine customer queries and problems/creative problem-solving
· Ability and openness to training and learning about the business
· Project quality
· Use of Joinery Hardware software (training to be provided)
· Update CRM
· Enter new projects into SharePoint
· Some invoicing in Quickbooks online
· Hand off projects to Project Coordinator once the sale is confirmed
· Work closely with the Project Coordinator from hand-off to product delivery
· Set priorities and scheduled timelines
· Ensuring projects are ready for pick up/ship to meet clients’ deadline
· Tracking progress and weekly reporting of key deliverables to the customer
· Intercompany communication
· Client Communication
· Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Keep abreast of products, market conditions, competitive activities, and changes in regulations
· Presenting budgets
· Maintain customer records
· Day to day administrative duties
· Presents self as an ambassador of our company
· Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
· Ability to converse, professionally with a diverse group of individuals
· Acts as a liaison between Vintage Woodworks and the client
· Builds and maintains professional relationships with our clients, team, and all stakeholders
· Follows through on their word, under promises and over-delivers
Education, Skills, and Experience:
· 3 years experience in sales
· Experience in construction or trades is desired
· Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
· JMS, SharePoint, and QBO an asset
· Exceptional verbal and written communication
· Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain long-term relationships
· Team Player
· Strong time management and organization skills are a must
· Ability to make sound decisions, remain calm under pressure and use independent judgment
· Must have a car and driver’s license in good standing with driver abstract
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saanichton, BC V8M 2A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- similar: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person