EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Full-time) - Southlake Residential Care Village
Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at Southlake Residential Care Village a 224-bed long-term care facility, located in Newmarket, Ontario.
Southlake Residential Care Village invites all detail-orientated, self-organized individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, challenging role to apply for this opportunity within the administration department, supporting both our Long-Term Care and Community business units.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and in support of our Senior Leadership team, your executive-level administrative skills, combined with your excellent communication skills and customer service focus, will be necessary to provide quality, confidential administrative support in a complex Long-Term Care and Community based setting to the Executive Director and to the Southlake Residential Care Village Board of Directors, and, as required, to the Senior Leadership Team, to meet the strategic and operational goals of the organization.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supporting executives and senior managers, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in working with a Board of Directors, with an understanding of navigating all applicable bylaws regarding Board and Committee matters
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Business Administration or other relevant program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Long-Term Care sector, including the Long-Term Care Homes Act and associated regulations a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement initiatives; Quality Indicators, Accreditation, QIP etc.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Internet Browsers) and an aptitude for computer-based tools.
- Experience gathering, compiling and summarizing complex data, reports and briefing notes and or committee/council reports.
- Experience in preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes and identifying areas for follow up.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills including a high level of attention to detail, excellence in follow up and a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Advanced knowledge of modern office management and/or office administration systems, procedures and practices.
- Superb interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels, internally and externally.
- Good judgment, tact and diplomacy and a strong sense of discretion when dealing with all matters.
- Ability to anticipate requirements and assume responsibility independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong team and customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High energy, flexibility and agility to meet the demands of the role in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and compliance with, responsibilities under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) as it relates to the Long-Term Care and Community sectors.
Your primary responsibilities as an Executive Assistant will focus on providing a full range of specialized administrative support to assist with the day-to-day management control, operations and coordination of complex projects and/or program related functions in the office of the Executive Director.
- Support the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team in providing senior level executive support and services such as preparing agendas, drafting and publishing meeting minutes, internal and external correspondence including communication materials.
- Providing advice and guidance on key initiatives and policies and follow -up on required actions.
- Supports the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team in preparing and coordinating routine reports and statistical summaries, including any required research or facilitation thereof.
- Supports the Chair of the Board and Standing Committees of the Board of Directors in the discharge of their duties and assignments and ensures deadlines are met.
- Manage all duties required for the efficient daily operation of the office including, mail, courier, office equipment and answering telephone inquiries.
- Schedule meetings, arrange teleconferences, book meeting rooms, update online calendar.
- Handles, prioritizes and/or redirects inquiries and/or provides information and guidance to staff, clients, and the public.
- Attends various meetings and events and acts as the organizations representative when required.
- Mentor other administrative/clerical staff to ensure consistency occurs on administrative tasks completed within Southlake Residential Care Village.
- Maintains continuous awareness of the Home’s operations, administrative policies and procedures. Monitor administrative processes to ensure adherence to relevant organizational policies and efficient operations.
- Responsible for project management support on all Executive Director projects, presentations and initiatives
- Manage and update required databases and contact information.
- Participate and/or support in drafting, implementation, storage and updates or editing of administration policies, manuals and forms.
- Review monitor and track budgets and expenditures as required.
- Managing complaint system and process.
- Collect and compile applicable metrics information and submit to Executive Director for review and analysis.
- Support activities related to accreditation process.
- Archive and maintain records of current management activities for future referral.
- Provide excellent customer service including, greeting visitors when applicable and determining whether they should be given access to specific individuals or areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the successful applicant to occasionally work a number of evenings in a given month, to support regular committee meetings, along with the occasional weekend assignment to complete given tasks.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to:
Madalina Nita, Executive Director
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$57,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- health care administration: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-18