Child & Family Service of Central Manitoba Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization mandated under the General Authority to provide intake and ongoing services under the Child and Family Services Act and the Adoption Act within the Central Region of Manitoba. The agency has been in existence since 1934 and is governed by a Board of Directors.
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the management of all financial, accounting, budgetary, policies and procedures. The ability to analyze and interpret financial information and provide advice to Senior Management and the Board of Directors is required. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is located at our head office in Portage la Prairie.
- Recognized accounting designation.
- Combination of accounting education and experience may be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable about payroll and labor legislation.
- Experience in government financial and accounting an asset.
- Display and demonstrate a high level of honesty, integrity and sound interpersonal skills.
- Accounting control and reporting of revenue and expenditures ensuring the consistent application of policies and standards;
- Financial and administrative policy and systems development, interpretations, implementation and maintenance;
- Coordinate and assemble financial data for budget preparation;
- Presentation of annual budget;
- Manage bi-weekly payroll and employee benefits;
- Work closely with external auditors and prepare required documents;
- Supervision of all accounting staff.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle and ability to travel
- Successful completion of Prior Contact, Police, Child Abuse Registry Checks and Driver’s Abstract
Remuneration: $77,581.00 - $98,613.00 annually dependent upon education and experience
Please apply by way of resume, including three references, to Chris Chabbert, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $77,581.00-$98,613.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Do you have experience creating and maintaining a balanced budget?
- Accounting: 8 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-31
Expected start date: 2023-04-03