Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We are looking for a Janitor Associate to join our Delta team. The ideal candidate must be energetic, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible and willing to work on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed. The position would be responsible in ensuring that various designated areas of offices, warehouse and production are well-kept, tidy, organized and highly sanitized.
- Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing offices, plant, warehouse, production related tools, carts, buckets and baskets
- Reports janitorial equipment and supply needs and concerns to Supervisor/Manager
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Clean and supply restrooms
- Remove waste and empty trash
- Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected
- Replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Organize janitorial storage areas
- Notify about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs or maintenance
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Regular shift work days and afternoon shift rotation may be required
- Exposure to noises and humid / warm environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Basic English language skills
- Some experience working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset
- Able and willing to work overtime (as required)
- · Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- 5-day work week
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
Interested applicants kindly apply now along with your resume
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person