Acsenda School of Management (ASM) is a private higher education institution offering degree programs in business, hospitality and management in the province of British Columbia, Canada. With international students from over 50 different countries, ASM is committed to teaching excellence and quality programs that prepare students to work in selected sectors of the global labour market and providing an international
perspective on learning and individualized attention to supporting student success. ASM is connected to our global partners within EduCo who provide shared services to support operations and international student recruitment
As a part of the Enrolment Services team, the Admissions Officer Is responsible for the assessment, evaluation and processing of international and domestic student applications to ensure compliance with all ASM admissions policies and procedures. The officer provides information and advice to support prospective students and agents on all aspects of the admissions process including the requirements, policies, procedures. Duties include entering data into appropriate student information management systems, evaluation and assessment of student documents, issuance of letters of offer and admission, tracking all activities and points of completion in the application process and generating various reports required by senior management, marketing and recruitment, and the Registrar. The Admissions officer must be fully knowledgeable about ASM admission requirements, the documentation required for each application, and be familiar with assessing documents from different educational systems. The Admissions officer tracks the full cycle for admission in ASM from application received to confirmation of students arriving. In addition to providing excellent customer service support to applicants to our programs, and assisting the recruitment staff by ensuring completion of applications.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Receive, review and evaluate all applications for admission
- Assess the admission requirements for a student application in accordance with the ASM admission standards
- Assess students for ASM grants and scholarships
- Provides admissions advising to prospective students, prospects, applicants, agents and other stakeholders
- Evaluate documents to determine eligibility for transfer credit, and enter data on courses requested for transfer credit into an evaluation system and provide recommendations and reports to the Registrar for approval
- Follow up with applicants, agents and recruitment staff to ensure that applications are completed with the required supporting documentation and that appropriate fees have been paid in time for the intended term start date.
- Assist the Assistant Registrar, Associate Registrar and Registrar with creation and maintenance of reports relating to immigration and Study Permit success rates.
- Assists the Assistant Registrar, Associate Registrar and Registrar with tasks relating to immigration, study permit success rates and study permit renewals. Track the progress of applicants from point of application, through to the visa application and approval process, and submission of all documentation required at each stage of the process.
- Enter accurate and daily updates on the progress of each application in the CRM and student information management systems and generate reports as required including conversion rates from application to registration.
- Follow through with applicants and agents communicating regularly to achieve completion of applications within timelines established.
- Prepare Letters of Offer (LOO) for the Registrar to approve according to standard templates and requirements for admission.
- Assist with applicant conversion processes through follow up with applicants to acquire all documentation related to acceptance of offer and conditions for admission and tracking applicant progress through the admissions process
- Confirm receipt of tuition and other fees and prepare Letter of Admission according to template for processing and approval by the Associate Registrar – Admissions.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on ASM programs, admissions policies and procedures; international educational systems and admissions standards and credential evaluation, and immigration requirements.
- Keep up to date on international student credentials, transcripts, English proficiency testing requirements, credential evaluation services and other matters related to admission documentation and processes.
- Coordinate and respond to inquiries about the admission process or status of applications - from recruitment team, agents and students, or ASM management.
- Assist with Pre-orientation, Orientation, Registration and other activities to promote student retention.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Assisting with other areas of Enrolment Services operations as required
- Provide recommendations about the work flow and process improvements regarding applications to admissions.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Skills:
- A bachelor level degree
- Ability to speak and write a second language related source countries of our applicants is desirable.
- At least two years' experience in a related administrative and customer service position; experience in student admissions , services or administration in a post-secondary degree granting institution is preferred;
- Knowledge of application and documentation requirements (e.g., study permits) is an asset;
- Good organization and time management skills; consistently meets deadlines and performance targets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively;
- Proven ability to maintain accurate records and produce accurate reports; attention to detail;
- Knowledge and experience working with a CRM or similar information, records and reporting system;
- strong level of proficiency with MS Office and Excel;
- An empathy with and ability to communicate effectively with international students and agents from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Previous experience demonstrates cooperation and collaboration with others, sound judgement;
- Initiative in solving problems and recommending improvements to work processes.
The expected work hours are:
Tuesday to Thursday - 1pm-9pm, Friday 9am-5pm & Saturday 8am-4pm
ASM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. ASM believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you flexible to work evening and weekend shifts?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person