· Performs chemical and physical testing of finished products, raw materials and stability samples.
· Document all laboratory testing, maintaining accurate records, materials/equipment used and all results obtained in a timely manner.
· Participate in Laboratory and Non-Conformance Investigations.
· Responsible for the safety and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
· Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
· Perform analyses using HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV, FTIR, wet chemistry and numerous other analytical methodologies and techniques.
· Process and integrate chromatographic data.
· Perform all work according to cGMP and cGLP guidelines, SOPs and methods.
· Other duties as assigned by QC Supervisor / Manager.
· Possess strict adherence to data integrity principles
· Assist in investigations of laboratory events and deviations
· Maintain laboratory systems and participate in projects as required.
· Working closely with others in the group to achieve business objectives
· Work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
· Follows the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
· Masters of Science degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 3 years experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory
· In-depth understanding of chromatography principles, types and techniques.
· Good theoretical and practical knowledge of instrumental techniques such as HPLC/GC, UV-VIS and FT-IR spectrophotometers, Titrators, and pH meters.
· Hands on experience with the major pharmaceuticals laboratories data acquisition software. A level of experience related to analytical method transfer, validation and development is an asset.
· Works well in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team
· Good knowledge of laboratory GMP and demonstrated proficiency in analytical techniques.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and effectively
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated computer proficiency (Excel and Word)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person