Atmosphere Flooring Solutions was established in 2004 by a local Chilliwack family seeking to bring generations of flooring expertise into the homes of clients throughout the Fraser Valley. Since it's inception, Atmosphere has grown to serve much of British Columbia and has become one of the largest floor & tile dealers in the regional commercial construction market while maintaining the familial service it's residential clients have come to know and love. Atmosphere is always searching for exceptional individuals to add to our multi-faceted team and is excited to receive your application today.
The Local Delivery Driver & Handler at Atmosphere Flooring Solutions is an integral part of the Logistics team. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Freight Coordinator to accomplish local deliveries, primarily in service to our Residential division sales. These deliveries consist of flooring, tile, cementitious and other similar building materials. Our delivery service involves moving large amounts of these materials carefully into the homes of customers or onto active construction sites. A typical day on this job involves:
Arriving to our warehouse location
- Picking up and reviewing the paperwork for your deliveries that day
- Checking your load to ensure you have all items required and that they are sufficiently secure on your vehicle
- Performing a pre-trip vehicle inspection
- Driving to delivery sites and offloading the material carried, often by hand onto dolleys/carts and then by hand again into a customer's home or a construction site
- Photo documentation of the items delivered and where they were left using a tablet connected to our software system
- Returning to the warehouse location
- Cleaning out the vehicle to prepare it for loading for the next day
On days where there are no deliveries scheduled, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained to support the shipping/receiving team in the warehouse.
Ideal candidates for the Delivery Driver role tend to be punctual, procedural, careful, and comfortable with manual labour. Basic use of a tablet for photo documentation of deliveries is required. Consistent attendance is required. Capability to repetitively lift and carry 50+ pound items, sometimes up or down stairs is required.
Atmosphere requires a clean driving abstract with a full class 5 license for this position. The following skills, traits and knowledge are additionally distinguishing:
- Previous experience with delivery or moving work
- Previous experience with driving work, including safety practises and load handling/securing
- Competence using basic software on a tablet platform
- Positive, teamwork oriented attitude
- Self-motivated with minimal constant supervision while on deliveries
- $23 / hour starting wage
- Benefits plan available after probationary period