IGG Canada is a premium mobile game and video production studio located at 5 East 8th Ave. Vancouver, Canada.
With spectacular views of the downtown skyline, coastal mountains, and English Bay, our new studio is spacious, high-tech, and inspiring. IGG Canada is a division of IGG (I Got Games), a global interactive digital entertainment company that specializes in the development and operation of Mobile Games. Established in 2006, IGG was founded with the aim of becoming a leading multiplayer game publisher and developer. The company has rapidly expanded its global operations, through strategic partnerships with popular gaming platforms such as Facebook, iOS, Amazon, Google Play, Kongregate, and many others. IGG currently operates studios in China, Philippines, Singapore, the U.S., and Canada (opened in 2013).If you're passionate about creating mobile games that reach millions of players around the world and are interested in becoming an integral member of our Canadian team of superheroes, we want to hear from you!
Position: Unity Front-End Programmer (Mobile Game)
Report to: Lead Programmer & Team Lead
Department: ZQ Game
Game Style: Simulation & Strategy Mobile Game
Hiring Level: Experienced
Contract length: Permanent with 3-month probation
Workplace: At Office
1. Resume & Portfolio review;
- Plan, design, and execute high-quality game features collaboratively within the studio team.
- Translate design specifications into functional game assets.
- Establish effective development strategies and pipelines.
- Rapidly create and iterate on prototypes to showcase new designs and interaction patterns.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize efficient, reusable, and dependable code.
- Ensure top-notch performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games.
- Identify and resolve process and application bottlenecks promptly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally, 3-5 years of experience with Unity 3D and content development.
- Proficiency in 3D mathematics.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in C# and scripting languages.
- Experience with game assets, including meshes, animations, and materials.
- Proficiency in profiling and optimizing game and rendering performance (both GPU and CPU).
- Familiarity with working on physics-based game projects.
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Git, in a collaborative multi-developer environment.
- Understanding of the UX design process and the ability to collaborate with UX design and development teams.
- Experience with AI tools.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 months including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- 18 days of accrued paid Vacation + Sick Days.
- Reimbursement for Active Living Benefits and Training/Development fees after 3 months.
- Dependent/Child Benefits.
- Paid Holiday Closure between Christmas & New Year's week.
- Paid Statutory holidays.
- RRSP matching after 1 year.
- Monthly Commuter Allowance after 3 months.
- Monthly team lunches.
- On-site car and bike parking.
- Work hours: 10 am to 6 pm with 1 hour paid lunch.
- On-Site Foosball table, table tennis, basketball game machine & pool table.
- On-Site Gym.
- Casual Dress Code.
- Gifts for employee's children.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Festival Bonus/Gifts.
- Referral Bonuses.
If you're enthusiastic about shaping mobile games that captivate players globally and want to be an integral part of our Canadian superhero team, we want to hear from you. Apply now and be a part of our exciting journey!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person