IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a HSE Specialist. This role is based in our Pharmacy plant located in Scarborough, ON and reports to the HSE Business Partner.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a diverse group of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
The successful candidate will be on site regularly performing safety observations, assisting the location and stakeholders, coordinating the risk management process, supporting the development and implementation of safe work practices, and other duties to drive the safety culture within the site. This position facilitates the internal audit process to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Own the implementation of various HSE programs, adapt them to local needs and build and deliver site specific procedures, training and work instructions.
- Drive the site specific HSE related activities and enhance engagement in HSE programs and standard processes.
- Lead gap analysis process and develop action plans.
- Support and facilitate investigations into HSE non-conformances, accidents, environmental releases, and other incidents. Ensures documentation and follow-up of recommended preventive and corrective actions.
- Report all relevant incidents to the appropriate workers compensation organizations and/or regulatory authorities and the claims management process
- Collaborate & facilitate HSE training programs and adapt them to specific local requirements.
- Support and facilitate Health and Safety committee initiatives.
- Support cross-functional teams in the implementation, creation and or modification of site-specific controls, programs, and implementation of tools to improve compliance and performance.
- Support internal and external environmental reporting.
- Maintain summary data and facilitate reporting on environmental critical metrics.
- Review and update the hazardous materials program and site-specific training.
- Escalate any relevant situation to HSE BP as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognized degree, diploma, or designation, in one of the formal trainings: Health & Safety, Environmental, Engineering or Human Resources
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with all applicable types of legislations, laws, and standards, relating to health, safety, environment, employment standards (WSIB, MOL, MOE etc).
- 5+ years experience in Health & Safety within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the plastic industry
- Minimum 1-year experience in management systems
- Understanding of Manufacturing process.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including training facilitator skills.
- Strong computer skills and technical proficiency.
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person