Career with a heart! If you like helping people, and you want to feel supported in your work –– this is the opportunity for you. Every day, concerned people call the AlgaeCal helpline. They’ve just had bad news about their bones – and they’re scared they might break at any moment. But after talking with YOU, their fear will melt away.
We call our Customer Care Representatives – Bone Health Consultants – and a typical day might include:
- Acting as a knowledge base for customers inquiries with respect to our products and their bone health
- Actively listening to customers and providing them with everything they need to make an informed decision about AlgaeCal.
- Supporting our customers through a variety of mediums (email, phone).
- Processing orders and returns for customers.
- Helping customers understand the results of their DEXA bone scans.
- Updating the records of customer interactions, processing customer accounts, and filing documents. So yes, you’ll need to enjoy administrative tasks to thrive in this role.
- But most importantly, setting our customers up for MAXIMUM SUCCESS
This opportunity is tailor-made for you if:
You’re highly motivated to work at home. You’ve got a solid customer service background. You are passionate about natural health. You are an expert at building a rapport with customers and devoted to helping people find that aha moment – where they go from despair to hope. You’re organized. You’re humble. You think critically and creatively. You love to support and inspire others. You don’t just accept feedback – you WANT feedback, because you’re hungry to be better than you were yesterday. You’re also a brilliant multi-tasker who can effortlessly shift between a variety of priorities.
So if you want to work with some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. And you want to feel good about making a difference in the world –– all while learning about natural health and working in a well organized and supportive workplace –– send us your resume. And BTW… some of our senior executives started out in this role –– so if you’ve got the talent, there’s no telling where this job might take you :)
To best service our clients, our Customer Success Centre is open 7 days per week. Work schedules are 5 consecutive days, which include 1 weekend day. Successful applicants must be willing to work a Saturday or a Sunday, each week. We won’t ask you to work both weekend days, but ya need to be available for one!
We are currently hiring for the following shift rotation:
- Sunday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm PST (Mon-Thurs) / 8am - 4pm PST (Sun)
Note: Shift times are subject to change and are dependent on biz unit requirements.
- You’ll also enjoy the following benefits:
And above all, you’ll join a team that you’ll never want to leave. Culture is everything to us. Yes, we work extremely hard to change as many people’s lives as possible. But we know how to have fun and reward ourselves too.
- Professional Development: You’ll get the opportunity to attend professional development conferences or workshops that will enhance your skills, expand your network, and drive your career forward with our support! And of course, we’ll cover your fees, accommodation, travel, meals, and any related materials or resources.
- Generous healthcare plan.
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use.
- A top notch Mac computer. We want you to have the best tools.
- Lots of delicious food - either in our Yaletown office or Uber’d to your home.
You should know this…
AlgaeCal is a hyper-growth company, which means that the role is always evolving as the company grows. We are not a typical ‘transactional’ thinking company. We are a heart-based company where people come first. In order to be successful here, you will need to have this mindset, work smart, hard, and embrace everything that is offered.
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. This is an essential part of your application. We need to make sure you’re a good fit for our happy team - that’s why we’ll be paying close attention to your carefully written cover letter.
Applications submitted without a resume and cover letter will be unsuccessful.
Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
1. Why you're the best Customer Service Representative for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
2. Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: http://shorturl.at/lptFT
3. What's the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
4. What are the last three books you’ve read?
5. What do you do for fun?
6. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
2. Upload your cover letter and resume:
1. Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your (1) cover letter (2) resume.
*Important* AlgaeCal isn’t a boring run-of-the-mill company. So some of the questions in your online application might feel out of the ordinary. These questions are an essential part of your application. We need to make sure you’re a good fit for our happy team - that’s why we’ll be paying close attention to your answers.
For more information about us, please visit our website.