At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. This position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program.
Posting ID: 2297
Department: Public Works
Division: Engineering & Construction
Pay Range: $67,328 -$89,770
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Halton Regional Centre, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: October 13, 2023
Application Deadline: October 29, 2023
Supports significant / large road, water and wastewater infrastructure construction projects through proactive public engagement, communications and customer service, upholding Halton Region’s commitment to exceed customer experience expectations. Acts as a one-window point of contact for customer experience related to Regional infrastructure projects.
- Acts as a single point of contact for any customer issues related to assigned Regional infrastructure construction project(s).
- Responds to customer inquiries / complaints received by telephone, e-mail or in-person during construction site visits.
- Develops and maintains an expert level of knowledge and understanding of assigned Regional infrastructure projects, and their context within the overall 10-year capital delivery plan.
- Researches and provides information to the Divisional and Departmental leadership team, in response to inquiries / complaints by engaging and following up with internal and external resources associated with projects.
- Drafts convincing, professional quality responses and other forms of correspondence related to customer inquiries / complaints for Divisional and Departmental leadership team.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all customer inquiries / complaints and responses provided.
- Participates, gathers information and provides input in the development of project specific communications strategies and plans.
- Assists in developing, engages and disseminates project related information to customers and stakeholders, using different strategies and channels through the entire life cycle of the project.
- Supports Project Managers in ensuring consistency, timeliness, completeness and accuracy of construction project related information across all channels (e.g. web page, online maps, printed notices, e-mail notices, road signs, newspaper advertisements, etc.).
- Liaises with key project stakeholders, the public and the project team on issues related to construction during the entire life cycle of project delivery.
- Performs regular site visits and brings forward issues, such as noise, traffic management, parking, dust control, debris disposal, construction hours, truck routing and equipment storage during construction, etc., that may arise during a project.
- Monitors and reports on the impacts of construction during the project to the Divisional leadership team.
- Keeps up to date with new / changing legislations, standards and regulatory processes.
- Provides input to continuously improve internal processes and systems.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering (preferable) and/or Business.
- Minimum (3) three years of relevant experience in a customer service or public relations role (Engineering / Construction environment preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and difficult conversations with tact, professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent problem solving, complaint resolution skills with the ability to maintain composure when dealing with customer demands and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in drafting responses and other forms of correspondence that is sensitive and political in nature.
- A good understanding of general project management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office software, customer relationship management solutions, and multi-media (telephone, E-mail, social media and TTY).
- Technical understanding of planning, design, construction and commissioning of road, water and wastewater infrastructure, including best practices and evolving technologies and methods.
- Flexibility in work hours and schedules, including weekends, is required for frequent trips to project sites.
- Travel will be required; incumbent must provide his or her own transportation.
- The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, by the first day of employment.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment.