We are seeking a highly-motivated, client-centric, solution sale skilled Business Development Manager for a permanent full-time position at our Hamilton office. Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Business Development Manager will focus on selling our AckrooMKTG and AckrooPay products. This role will come with a defined territory and uncapped opportunity for success. You should be self-directed, energetic, and have a passion for sales, generating leads, and closing deals.
Who is Ackroo?
Ackroo is an innovative SaaS-based technology Company that is consolidating, simplifying and improving the loyalty marketing, payments and point of sale industry. Problem solvers, strategic out-of-the-box thinkers, and individuals who are eager to make a difference will thrive in our entrepreneurial environment.
Why join the Ackroo?
- Innovation: We foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the-box creativity.
- Transparency: Building trust as a team through transparent, open feedback and communication
- Collaboration + Teamwork: Collaborating with a group of passionate, driven people makes our gears run smoothly.
- Ownership: Not only does our team get to own their projects, through our stock options program, they get to be an owner.
- Work-life Balance: Thriving both personally and professionally is key to success at Ackroo. Hybrid work, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits are offered to support your health and wellness.
What you'll do
- Achieve sales growth through acquiring new business clients
- Identify leads and target new sales opportunities through cold calling and personal outreach within your assigned industry segment including but not limited to Automotive, Retail, Hospitality and Petroleum industries
- Achieve sales targets based on pre-determined metrics established by the sales leadership team
- Effectively present our suite of services to prospective clients in person and over the phone
- Develop relationships with newly acquired leads taking them through the education, solution and selection phase in order to close them as a client
- Create proposals outlining program details and pricing for client approval
- Execute agreements with newly closed clients collaborating with internal teams including finance to approve program pricing
- Ensure all proposal, contract, meeting and follow up activity is tracked within our CRM system
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on sales forecasts, wins, and losses to the sales leadership team
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and support for all products and services
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in software, merchant services, payment services, gift card, loyalty marketing and/or point-of-sale industry
Post Secondary education in sales, business, marketing, commerce or another relevant area
- 5+ years experience in a B2B business development role
- Proven ability to excel in B2B sales and lead development role
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve set sales goals and targets
- Proven track record of hunting for leads via various channels and successfully closing sales
- Strong business development skills in new industry segments and markets
- Comfortable reaching out and conversing with contacts, potential clients, business owners and business leaders at any level
- Top-notch interpersonal communications skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
What we offer
- Experience selling to businesses in the Automotive, Petroleum, Retail or Hospitality industries
Marketing services and technology background
- Salary: $70,000-80,000 (pending on experience)
- OTE (on target earnings): $108,000 - $118,000+
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 sick days + select company days off
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- A fun work environment with a great team and lots of snacks
Ackroo is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. If you need accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise our Talent Acquisition team.
We thank all candidates for submitting their applications, but due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates who are selected to move forward in the next step of the recruitment process.