ThinkTech – Business Analyst
ThinkTech is a leading Digital Transformation Services company. Our team has delivered over a thousand projects, including: Marketing & Sales Automation, Cloud Solutions, Web Development & Maintenance Services, SEO Services, Google and Social Media Marketing, and major system Implementation projects for CRM, ERP and HRIS platforms.
In addition to our Digital Transformation services, ThinkTech has been a Canadian Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) Advisor since 2022.
ThinkTech provides service to businesses around the world, and we cater to Small and Medium businesses across multiple industries, including Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Accounting & Financials, Education, eCommerce, and more.
Working @ ThinkTech
We believe in a people-first approach, and bring the art of humour and joy to our work. Our team is growing, energetic and vibrant, and we love what we do, never missing the opportunity to celebrate our successes.
We’re immersed into the small business community in Calgary, and our offices are located in the downtown core.
We love using tech to solve problems – and we customize every solution to our clients’ needs. We empower our team to both focus on AND enjoy their work, and we provide the tools and systems to get the job done. Each team member is provided a laptop, and we operate on Google Workspace.
Our Core Values are Honesty & Integrity, Thirst for Learning, and Dedication to Client Success. These values are a part of everything we do at ThinkTech. To see what this looks like for a Business Analyst, check out the “Ideal Candidate” section below.
About the Role
ThinkTech is growing and adding a Business Analyst to the team. This role would be responsible for analyzing business processes, identifying problems, and recommending solutions to improve efficiency and productivity. This person will work closely with stakeholders to gather requirements and communicate project specifications to the development team.
- Conduct client workshops to visually demonstrate and document all the steps and decisions in a business process map.
- Evaluate the digital maturity of a small to medium enterprise (SME)
- Draw a roadmap of the customer journey from brand awareness to client retention
- Conduct workshops to create business model canvas (BMC) for clients
- Technical research on various digital solutions that fit the needs of an SME
- Understanding their current technology stack and recommending digital solutions for their business needs
- Creating detailed process maps for procure-to-pay processes in clients’ business
- Drafting and publishing digital audit reports
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Openhearted and empathetic
- Customer focused and solution agnostic (we deliver the best solutions for our clients, not the best solution for us… even if that means another service provider)
- Curious and constant learner
Skills & Abilities
- Conduct interviews and workshops to determine business requirements and identify challenges and gaps
- Excellent business communication skills to articulate complex information effectively
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential solutions and make data-driven recommendations
- Create business process diagrams using Microsoft Visio to help visualize business processes and identify areas for improvement
- Demonstrate strong business and technical writing skills to document project requirements and specifications
- Develop business reports based on digital audits, ensuring that insights are effectively communicated to stakeholders
- Conduct technical research to identify and evaluate digital solutions that align with customer needs, and present recommendations to the team
Experience & Background
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Business Analyst Certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sciences, Mathematics, Information Technology or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of digital solutions and ERP systems used by various departments such as marketing, sales, operations, supply chain, and procurement in manufacturing and industrial companies
The range for this role is $55,000-$70,000 with the opportunity to earn a performance bonus of 12% (or more! we have an uncapped performance bonus program) + benefits.
The Business Analyst will have a unique opportunity to join a growing team and make a significant impact on the company's success. ThinkTech is positioned for growth over the coming year, providing extensive opportunities for career development within our organization, including ongoing personal and professional development.
When looking for the ideal candidate, we aren’t only looking for experience. We’re fanatic about fit as we grow our team, and that means we are balancing Behavioural Traits, Skills & Abilities and Experience & Background. If you feel you’re a fit for the role, but don’t quite have all the skills required, we still encourage you to apply.
This role is in-person and based in our offices in downtown Calgary. We have an on-site gym, free food, all-you-can-drink coffee, drinks on tap, and many team-focused events. Fridays are an optional day to work-from-home. And for those of you who have dogs, we’re a pup-friendly office!
Please visit our following brand websites to learn more about our services:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year