We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Senior Security Specialist supports the planning and implementation of enterprise IT system, business operation, and facility defenses against vulnerability management related to Infrastructure, cloud and containers
About This Role
We are looking for someone to develop and implement Technology Controls and Information Security related policies, programs and tools. You will provide specialized expertise and guidance on assessing risks, identifying potential gaps and providing security solutions to mitigate risks and protect TD. You may also participate on projects of moderate to high complexity and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional, business line or enterprise level.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
Must work with various stakeholders in Triaging the vulnerabilities across multiple areas such as Infrastructure, cloud and containers.
- Continuously log and track remediation activities of discovered vulnerabilities throughout the environment
- Evaluate vulnerabilities based on prioritization criteria
- Investigate persistent vulnerabilities
- Coordinate and communicate with cross-functional teams throughout the VM lifecycle
- Generate and distribute operational-level reports
- Facilitate exception handling and escalation
- Support regulatory compliance monitoring and reporting
- -Review and optimize scan templates to ensure complete coverage of environment
- -Support treatment and remediation activities with identified points of contact and system owners
- -Provide risk analysis for identified vulnerabilities and system change requests
- Support the integration of enterprise vulnerability management capabilities, including technology solutions, governance structures, and supporting processes.
- Ensure visibility across various enterprise asset management databases to support upstream vulnerability management processes.
- Assess and apply vulnerability and threat intelligence to identified vulnerabilities, supporting the prioritization of enterprise remediation efforts.
- Leveraging output from vulnerability scanning tools, providing oversight, and tracking of subsequent remediation activities in alignment with TD SLAs.
- Cultivate and champion ongoing relationships with key stakeholders responsible for vulnerability remediation activities.
- Leverage data driven insights, providing inputs, and supporting the direction of enterprise vulnerability remediation.
- Contribute to the enterprise Vulnerability Management strategy, supporting centralization and collaboration of vulnerability governance across the bank.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a mid-large size organization
- Strong knowledge in IT and vulnerability management processes, methods, and tools
- Experience in one or more of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Hands on operational experience with container scanning tools((e.g. Aquasec, Prisma) and Vulnerability Scanning Tools(Qualys,Tenable) including the ability to deploy, configure, and run these tools if necessary.
- Experience assessing and triaging the security of cloud and Kubernetes/Docker environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry vulnerability management standards (e.g. NVD, CVSS, EPSS)
- Knowledge of vulnerability various technical vulnerability classes and their associated attack vectors and technical risks
- Excellent knowledge of cybersecurity industry control standards (e.g. NIST, ISO, CIS)
- Strong working Knowledge on Operating Systems, Networks and Databases.
- Experience in the hardening standards and for Operating Systems and container images.
- Ability handle Technical challenges and analysis on large datasets of vulnerabilities.
- Good Analytical and problem management skills.
Nice to Have
- experience in developing and supporting vulnerability management operations in areas such as vulnerability intelligence, scanning, triage, remediation, and governance.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Security Operations modules (e.g. Vulnerability Response, Configuration Compliance)
- Familiarity with 3rd party vulnerability & threat intelligence data sources
- – Relevant cloud certifications (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!