1642 Merivale Road, Ottawa, ON K2G 4A1, Canada
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Equipment & Maintenance Technician will be responsible for general preventative maintenance and repair of buildings, systems and equipment for our clubs in the Ottawa Market. This position will comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental and provincial agencies as well as company directives related to building operations and work safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance and emergency repair on fitness equipment and keep a detailed record of all actions taken.
- Keep all building systems such as electrical, heating, cooling, and plumbing up to code and running efficiently
- Oversee and inspect the work of outside contractors as necessary
- Maintain lighting systems throughout the facilities, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps
- Order parts and materials as needed for equipment and facility repair and maintenance
- Perform carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed
- Maintain grounds of all facilities and properties as necessary, in compliance with agreements
- Other duties as assigned based on club need
- High School Diploma
- Technical training/license preferred in electrical, HVAC or plumbing
- 5 years of experience repairing and maintaining equipment
- A friendly approachable style
- Basic carpentry, mechanical, plumbing and electrical experience
- Strong organization, communication, prioritization and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with solid decision making skills
- Valid driver’s licence with a good driving record and the ability to travel between facilities as needed
- Must reside in the Ottawa region
- Continual standing, walking, bending, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
- This job is subject to hazards and includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest in a position with Taymax Group.
Taymax Group is an equal opportunity employer in the terms and conditions of employment. We believe in providing an inclusive and diverse workplace environment and welcome talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly related to our people and as a company, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse environment where we all work toward our common goal; to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we can all the Judgment Free Zone. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, color, ethnicity, citizenship, place of origin, creed, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability and any other protected characteristic.
Taymax Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please contact Human Resources at hr@taymaxgroup to make an accommodation request.