Credit Analyst, Commercial Finance
Reporting directly to the Director of Credit, the Credit Analyst will work in conjunction with the credit team to review new credit applications as assigned. The Credit Analyst is responsible for making credit decisions within their authorized credit limit, as well as preparing detailed credit analysis including recommendations on transactions exceeding the Analyst’s credit limit for decisions to be made at higher authority levels. A variety of other credit administrative tasks supporting the Credit group are included in this role.
Day to Day
- Adjudicate credit decisions within an authorized credit limit, and prepare supporting information as necessary for transactions exceeding the authorized credit limit across several industries, including Construction, Material Handling, Transportation, Recreational, Technology Solutions, Healthcare, and Food and Agriculture
- Provide direction and leadership on transactions with advice and counsel on structure, terms, conditions, and security recommendations
- Handle high volumes of applications in order to adhere to predetermined turnaround time guidelines
- Ensure quality of credit is in accordance with DLL risk policy and underwriting guidelines in an effort to minimize credit losses
- Responsible for credit reporting and other administrative projects as assigned
- Collaborate and negotiate as required with Commercial teams in achieving corporate goals
- Perform annual reviews on an assigned portfolio of customers
“We lead the way in meeting the need for flexibility and transparency which our customers increasingly expect.”
All members enjoy
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity.
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities.
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs.
- Check this link to an overview of all benefits in your region.
- Bilingual in French/English preferred and an asset
- 3-6 years of credit underwriting experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Experience in equipment/inventory financing industry preferred
- Expertise in financial analysis and a sound understanding of financial statements and related ratios and be able to articulate such within a written review
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to apply those skills to more complex transaction structures
- Strong writing skills with a high attention to detail
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Broad Industry knowledge
- Proficient in MS – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sense of urgency, ability to flourish in fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple transactions and a self-starter
- Desire to learn and grow
DLL’s wellbeing ambition is to educate, equip and empower members to build connections, manage their mental, emotional, physical and financial wellness and maintain balance between work and the other priorities that make up their lives.
Our four wellbeing categories are as follows:
- Connection – Build meaningful connections with other DLL members
- Health – Manage mental, emotional and physical health
- Finance – Provide learning opportunities to help members achieve personal financial health
- Lifestyle – Maintain balance between work and life priorities
There are things that matter to our members and the wellbeing of our members matters to DLL!
At DLL, we are many things. We are team members, family members, community member. We are members of society, members of different cultures and nationalities. Members of change. We each have different beliefs, different passions, different viewpoints, talents and interests. We become from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and histories.
But for all of our differences, we share one thing in common: each of us are members of DLL.
Our company was founded in the Netherlands. But today we are truly a multinational business. Our unique culture is rooted in higher collaboration, less hierarchy and a honest directness that enable us to integrate, ideate and innovate across country lines.
Many companies say they are European, American, Asian or Australian, at DLL we are all these places and more.
We are a cross-culture collaborative – an interconnected network – that comes together every single day with one goal in mind: Partnering for a better world.
Good to Know
- Deadline for application: October 16, 2023
- The selection process may involve an assessment.
- Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via our career website: workingatdllgroup.com
- DLL’s referral program applies
- For more information, please contact our Talent acquisition partner Connie Fava via [email protected]
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring subject to successful completion of a background check.
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with our values and all applicable legislation.
Job Reference: DLLCA00737