Senior Structural Engineer - ( 230002H4 )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Our Water group is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team in our Windsor office to provide world class structural engineering for a variety of clients globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with junior and intermediate engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. This position reports to the Structural Team Lead.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently complete structural engineering tasks for small projects and lead a small team of structural engineers and designers acting as a Discipline Lead for larger projects.
- Prepare feasibility, conceptual, and detailed structural analysis and design of Water/Wastewater facilities and pumping facilities.
- Prepare reports, studies, specifications, and other design documents. Work with and interface effectively with other engineering disciplines (Process, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical).
- Prepare responses to RFQs and RFPs for predominantly structural projects and contribute to the level of effort table and write-ups for the structural components of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Complete field reviews of designs under construction and prepare construction review documentation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in the structural design, detailing, and construction of environmental engineering concrete structures including water, wastewater, and industrial waste facilities in accordance with the requirements of ACI 350 is required.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written required. Ability to represent the firm at Client interviews and presentations.
- Competence in the seismic design of concrete, steel, and masonry systems required.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analysis.
- Sound working knowledge of National Building Code of Canada, Ontario Building Code, CSA A23, CSA S16, and Microsoft Office software suite. Knowledge of ASCE 7 is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of SAP2000, ETABS, and other finite element software.
- Good knowledge of architectural design and building envelope details.
- Willingness to provide guidance and leadership for junior and intermediate staff assigned to work on common projects.
- Experience in a project management role is considered an asset.
- Registration or eligibility for registration in the US is considered an asset.
- Field review and commissioning experience is considered an asset.
- The willingness to travel for field reviews and construction support is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Professional Engineers of Ontario as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is a requirement.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in structural design; relevant experience with Water/Wastewater related infrastructure is considered a significant asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Windsor
Organization : BC-1269 Water-CA Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 13, 2023, 11:26:41 AM
Req ID: 230002H4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans