A premier Automotive Dealership in the Avalon region is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, career-oriented individual for the position of Service Manager.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Service Manager will oversee all aspects of the Service Department and is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the department. The Service Manager is responsible for establishing sales and productivity objectives and forecasting future performance. The Service Manager’s highest priority is to satisfy Service Department customers while maintaining department profitability.
As the Service Manager in the dealership, you will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you require assistance applying to this position, please email the recruiter through the Indeed application.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person