Are you passionate about financial analysis and cost management? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a knack for identifying cost-saving opportunities? Join our finance team as a Senior Cost Specialist and play a crucial role in optimizing our financial strategies.
Genoa’s finance division is made up of a high energy team that embraces the problem-solving opportunities and challenges that arise in a fast-paced industry that is undergoing rapid growth and change. Our strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task allow us to thrive and make a difference company-wide.
Genoa’s finance leaders firmly believe in a team first environment that prioritizes critical thinking, empowerment, and collaboration over the assignment of tasks. We also place heavy emphasis on personal development, with each team member able to focus on their individual needs and career goals. We promote the adoption and use of the very latest tools and analytical methods. And perhaps just as importantly, we have fun!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, you will focus on ensuring accurate project and departmental cost information, interpreting results, and presenting key findings to management and executives in an effective manner. This position will play a key role in financial analysis to facilitate strategic decision making for the company and projects.
- Prepare and assess the accuracy of all cost reports and cost forecast for all projects.
- Assist in monitoring and improving internal cost control procedures.
- Assign budget to project deliverables, monitor financial performance, and identify budget overage risk.
- Ensure approved funding for expenditure, accuracy, and capture of all project costs.
- Act as a key point of contact for external stakeholders and work with customers on contract and billing matters.
- Identify and prepare key financial metrics to present and discuss with members of the Executive team.
- Consolidate financial data and metrics into concise summaries to assist in the preparation of quarterly Board of Directors packages.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to seek and recommend operational action to business leaders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of goals and objectives.
- Oversee daily operational finance procedures and adjust as necessary to maximize efficiency.
- Facilitate departmental budget discussions and play a key role in quarterly forecasting process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in project controls or finance.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and managing project cost controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. Power BI skills would be an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
- Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team builder activities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking individual and are prepared to complete the tasks as outlined above, apply in strictest confidence today!
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to [email protected]
and we would be happy to assist!
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2023.