Reliable Fleet Services (“Reliable”) is a rapidly growing professional towing services company that is creating a Pacific Northwestern platform strategically focused on serving the commercial transportation and logistics market. Over the past two years, Reliable has completed numerous acquisitions and is currently the largest professional towing company in Western Canada with over 18 locations and more than 180 employees. For more information, please visit our website, reliablefleetservices.ca
We are seeking for experienced and reliable tow truck operators to join our team in our Mill Bay location. A Tow Truck Operator will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining safe driving habits, and safely transporting vehicles from one location to another on their assigned route.
The primary responsibility of the tow truck operator is to operate the tow trucks and performing routine maintenance on equipment, including but not limited to loading/unloading trailers, maintaining inventory levels in vehicles, checking fluid levels, and inspecting vehicles daily before/after driving them.
Detailed job duties include:
- Drive tow trucks safely and efficiently.
- Load/unload vehicles from various equipment. This may include the use of chains, winches, wheel scoops and dollies and other equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Maintain safe driving habits while operating the vehicle.
- Communicate with dispatch, customers, and service providers in a professional and friendly attitude.
- Use of mobile phone dispatching application to accept and complete jobs.
- Complete invoices & daily paperwork as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License (minimum Class 5)
- Air brakes and heavy trailer endorsement/ class 3/ class 1, experience driving commercially/experience driving off road would be a strong asset.
- Basic knowledge of the area and mechanical knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend, twist, reach, climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, and walk on uneven terrain.
- Available to work flexible shifts.
- Applicants must be able to accommodate to the work site.
- Candidates may be required to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- BC Class 5 drivers' license (required)
Work Location: In person