Our company Software International (SI) supplies technical talent to Fortune 100 & 500 companies and many other small/midsized organizations across Canada/US.
Role : Azure Cloud Engineer
Location : Mississauga
Client : Financial
Rate : Based on experience
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Engineering, Our Client is seeking a high performing Azure Cloud Engineer at our Mississauga Head Office. This individual will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure and network. You will be part of a talented team of engineers, who are mainly focused on Infrastructure. This job consists of both Azure Infrastructure and Cloud Network management.
Architect and design improvements or new solutions in Microsoft Azure and alternate cloud environment.
- Work with internal architecture, infrastructure, governance, and security teams to ensure that all security, governance and business continuity requirements and best practices are integrated and implemented.
- Manage and apply security best practices to the cloud environment.
- Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current technology trends and best practices. Regularly evaluate cloud applications, designs, and best practices.
- Work within a cross-functional team of Cloud Engineers, App Admins, DBAs, and DevOps teams to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud services and solutions.
- Identify repetitive tasks and build tools and/or processes for automation.
- Develop and maintain PowerShell and automation scripts to support the Azure environment.
- Provide guidance and knowledge to team members, and promote efficiency, productivity, innovations, and knowledge-sharing across multi-functional teams.
- Developing and maintaining documentation for multiple environments.
- Work closely with internal business partners to gather requirements, design and implement solutions, manage technical operations, and triage and resolve operational issues.
- Continuously improve the triage and escalation process for system availability.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate support incidents with external vendors.
- Assist in providing estimates of effort, material costs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- On-call support on a rotating schedule as well as onsite support during non-standard business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination education and related experience.
5 - 8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Operations with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Azure.
- Experience administering in an Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Azure AD connect.
Basic experience with admin and support of Office 365 including Exchange Online and SharePoint Online.
- Good development/automation experience including Installation, deployment and update of enterprise systems.
- Scripting and coding skills – PowerShell, Azure CLI, Terraform, Python, Azure DevOps, Git, Azure Automation.
- Hands-on experience with VMs, virtual networking, IP addressing and subnetting, Application Gateways, Load balancers, Storage accounts, NSGs, Route Tables. Experience with Azure ExpressRoute is an asset.
- Azure Administration Certification is required.
- Ability to demonstrate solid analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of Agile/Lean principles such as Scrum, Kanban, MVP etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of key technological concepts such as IT architecture, Cloud technologies, applications, network infrastructure, and security is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience to install, configure, test, and deploy enterprise and multi-cloud network infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Information and Cyber Security in network infrastructure.
- Basic experience in network management including supporting and maintaining campus and DC equipment such as edge NGFW, Routers, WAN, LAN, VPN, Voice and Wi-Fi, core switches, SAN switches and top-of-rack switches.
- Strong problem-solving skills is required in this role.
- Due to the nature of the role; strong collaboration skills, communication, detail orientation are all critical for success in the role.
- Experience managing vendor-provided services including outsourcing arrangements.
- Experience working within a structured process methodology (i.e. ITIL).
- Strong systems aptitude demonstrated project management and planning skills; balanced strategic skills with tactical execution skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is eager to grow within our organization.