What Encore's All About:
At Encore, we possess the expertise in field sales to ensure our clients are successful in their most critical market channels. Going deep with few...being nimble and responsive for us is more than a turn of phrase, it is a way of life...and it comes down to the following Vision and Mission that compel us to outperform every day. Our Vision: The first choice for tier one organizations seeking to optimize their field sales investment. Our Mission: Provide uncompromising quality of service and unparalleled caliber of thinking...developing strategies and delivering solutions that enable our clients to win.
PART-TIME SALES & MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE - KELOWNA BC INTERIOR TERRITORY - APPROX 18-24 HOURS PER WEEK
Our client is Conagra Brands, a tier one, CPG company with many trusted brands. Your role is to be the customer service and product expert! Through your higher-performer, persuasive and goal-oriented personality, you will ensure that the brands you represent are executed at the highest level at the outlets you cover. To do this, you will need to deliver on the building blocks of selling and merchandising: maximizing distribution, identifying volume opportunities, selling in and placing point-of-sale material and displays, maintaining call coverage objectives and executing brand priorities by building strong relationships with key store contacts. Said differently: WE need YOU to make sure our client’s products OUTSELL the competitors!
What You Will Be Doing Every Day:
- Drive Sales: Selling and building displays, placing point-of-sale material, Plan-o-Gram compliance
- Merchandising: Main Shelf, Displays & Stock Replenishment
- Support new product launches
- Check and correct distribution voids/out-of-stocks
- Build relationships (customer service) with key store personnel - this is an important component of the role!
- Call Coverage: You will have a set # of retail calls to achieve every day
- Product quality control
- Gathering & reporting on field insights using an iPad
The RIGHT Candidate:
At Encore, we feel that no matter your background, what’s most important to your success and ours is the way you interact with others. Don’t get us wrong, if you have the right experience and skills, that’s great. So, if you’re thinking about working with Encore, it’s important that you know what we’ll expect from you:
- You want to ‘win’
- You bring passion and innovative thinking that will deliver results
- You believe that the words ‘work’ and ‘fun’ belong in the same sentence
You can be described as:
- Intellectually curious
- Continuously challenging yourself
- Having business maturity, professional
A few other things we’ll expect from you - the 'must haves':
- Genuine interest in part-time, long-term employment
- Amazing customer service and sales skills
- This role can be physical at times - you must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Full access to a reliable vehicle which is appropriately insured for the role
- High-speed internet with WiFi at home; MS Windows and MS Office
- The ability to store some supplies at home and transport them in your vehicle
You have previous sales and/or merchandising experience, preferably in the grocery/retail channel. If not in the grocery/retail channel, don’t worry, as long as you share the same values, we can teach you all you need to know once you’re on board.
How to Apply:
If you haven’t already figured it out, it’s really important for Encore to have the RIGHT Team. If you know that you’re a great match for this role and think you’ll be a great fit with Encore, then you should definitely apply to this exciting opportunity! If you’re not jazzed about what you’ve read so far, that’s OK; we’re sure the right job is out there somewhere for you.
For those of you who apply, thanks so much for your interest in learning more about this exciting opportunity. We’d love to chat with all of you, but sometimes we simply don’t have enough time. If we feel you’re a good match, we’ll definitely be reaching out to you to move you forward in the selection process. If you're selected, you'll be asked to complete a recorded, digital interview which you can do with a webcam or a mobile device with a front-facing camera.
Encore strives to make our recruitment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provides accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and selection process, please reach out to us.