About IT Force
IT Force is a well-established IT Managed Services Provider in Burlington, Ontario. Established in 1999, it is our mission to make our client's technology EASY, ACCESSIBLE and SAFE. We manage our client's IT infrastructure including security, backup, cloud solutions and helpdesk support.
We have an impressive customer satisfaction rating as it is our mandate to deliver our clients White Glove Service with Military Precision.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator Level II to ensure our client’s IT systems are robust, reliable, safe and operate efficiently. You will also mentor junior service team members.
In this role, you will work in-office and on-site with your colleagues as well as directly our clients.
Some of the non-technical responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain service ticket time entries, status updates and other details in real-time
- Ensure service tickets are completed expediently and according to process
- Verify your solution has been tested and the client is satisfied before completing the ticket
- Ensure your solutions adhere to security best practices across client and internal systems
- Encourage clients to complete the CSAT surveys upon completing the ticket
- Attend and participate in company/team events, meetings and collaborations
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation & employee benefits plan
- 10% Bonus eligibility, reviewed and paid quarterly
- Open, flexible culture
While you work, we will train you, certify you, and make sure you have all the tools to do a great job! Some of the certifications you will receive (if you do not already have them) are:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Server+
- Microsoft Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- CompTIA Network + or Cisco Certified Network Associate
- WatchGuard Network Security Essentials for Locally-Managed Fireboxes
- Veeam Certified Engineer
- HDI Desktop Advanced Support Technician
- ConnectWise Degrees: Manage Technician, Automate Technician, Control BasicsConnectWise Degrees: Manage Technician, Automate Technician, Control Basics
Some of the benefits you will receive
- Health, Drugs, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, AD&D, Life & Disability Benefits
- BYOD Smartphone Stipend
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- Monthly Fun @ IT Force events for you, spouse, and family
Your Skills & Experience
We’re looking for someone with a diploma in the Information Technology field (or equivalent) along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in IT administration, preferably for an MSP.
You must have a robust knowledge and experience with:
- Configuration and deployment of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, both workstation and server
- Maintenance, administration and support of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Teams, Office along with general Line of business application
- Networking fundamentals including Routing, DHCP, DNS, Subnets, Gateways and vLANs
- Security controls and systems including firewalls, anti-virus, vulnerability management, multi-factor authentication & VPNs
- Virtual environments based on VMWare and Microsoft
- Software and licence management such as Microsoft 365 skus
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions
- System documentation for clients and internal systems
- Planning, monitoring, and executing IT Infrastructure projects via project management methodology
- Managing and leading a team or junior team members
Some of the traits and behaviours of the ideal candidate for this position are:
- Customer Focus - Showing empathy and further seeking to understand your customer’s interests, needs, wants, priorities and situation.
- Thoroughness - Taking great care and attention to detail. Completed in all aspects, without errors or omissions.
- Resourcefulness - Capable of devising ways and means to meet the needs of the situation.
- Perseverance - Continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition.
- Adaptability - Adjustment to environmental conditions.